- 23-Mar-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- La Crosse, WI, USA
- Full Time
Viterbo University is seeking a Head Coach for Men/Women's Track and Field. The head coach for Men's and Women's Track and Field provides guidance and direction to student athletes, organizes practices and competitions, and maintains positive interactions with student-athletes, alumni, other department coaches and staff, university colleagues and benefactors.
Reports To: The head coach reports directly to the Director of Athletics.
Terms: This is a full-time, 10-month position classified as Administrative Personnel.
- Responsible for organizing and overseeing all aspects of intercollegiate athletics team.
- Recruit top quality student-athletes to Viterbo University.
- Plan practices, prepare team for competition, coordinate off-season training program.
- Schedule competition, coordinate travel, and manage budget.
- Monitor and foster academic progress of student-athletes.
- Coordinate team involvement with community outreach or service projects.
- Generate booster club support and assist with departmental fund-raisers.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate assistant coaches.
- Support and adhere to all institutional policies outlined in the employee handbook.
- Teach and embrace the five core values of the NAIA's "Champions of Character" initiative.
- Ensure that all program operations are in compliance with Viterbo, MCC, and NAIA rules
- Attend all required departmental, university, and conference meetings.
- Carry out other responsibilities as delegated or assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Qualifications: Bachelors degree required; Master's preferred. Background in education, coaching or athletics administration desired. Experience as a successful high school or college coach preferred. Understanding and commitment to Catholic and Franciscan values; demonstrated knowledge of the sport and ability to teach fundamentals, skill development and competition strategies; commitment to the academic achievement of student-athletes; good written, oral, and interpersonal skills; and proficiency in computer use including Microsoft Office. Willingness to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
To Apply: Complete Viterbo University on-line employment application and attach letter of interest, resume, and a list of 4 professional references.
Viterbo University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages nominations and candidacy of historically underrepresented groups.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!