Hiring NOW for Summer 2022! Tentative schedule is May 27-Aug 20 - Please let us know your availability when you apply.
Earn $4,500-5,000 for 12 weeks of meaningful work this summer.
- Early signing bonus
- Full Summer commitment bonus
- Housing included for full summer (early move in available)
- Meals provided
- Local Transportation to Camp available
- Meet new people, opportunities for day trips on your days off
Via West is an American Camp Association (ACA) accredited and San Andreas Regional Center (SARC) approved provider of respite care for children and adults with disabilities (autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome and others.) Weekend respite offers innovative programs and meaningful camp experiences to support Individual Service Plans (ISPs), increase independent living skills and encourage physical and social/emotional engagement.
Tour our camp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AMj6fCMh2c
We are hiring Camp Support Staff to work in various roles on campus:
- Kitchen/Dining Hall
- Facilities and maintenance
Why you should work at Via:
- Meet amazing people and enjoy life-changing experiences
- Work with incredible campers
- Unique opportunity that will make your resume stand out
- Diverse, vibrant, supportive team and staff
- Make a significant, positive impact on people with special needs and their families.
If offer is accepted, you will be required to provide verification of:
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to obtain criminal fingerprint clearance (DOJ/FBI)
- Proof of negative TB results and documentation of covid-19 vaccination
- CPR Certification/First Aid Training within thirty (30) days of hire date and prior to expiration thereafter
- Willingness to work variable hours, including evenings, weekends and select holidays.
- At least 18 years of age
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs, requiring bending at the waist and knee
- Must have effective written/oral communication and organizational skills
- Must demonstrate responsibility and accountability
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race (including traits that are historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles, including braids, locks and twists), religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws related to discrimination and will not tolerate the interference with the ability of any of Via's employees to perform their job duties.
This job announcement is not a job description and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.