What is Via West?
- 5 acre campus in the Cupertino foothills
- Overnight and day camp experiences for children and adults with special needs
- Weekends during the school year
- Week-long programs in the summer
- The camp experience includes a variety of outdoor activities and opportunities to build social, emotional and independent living skills.
Weekend coverage needed for the following weekends:
05/20-05/22Hiring now for Summer Sessions starting in early June!
- Greet campers and their families during registration with enthusiasm, establish a good connection at check-in and informing care givers of their loved one's experience at check-out
- Assist in completing daily personal hygiene and grooming
- Accompany campers to meals and rotate through activities
- Participate in camp activities to encourage participation and great camper experiences
- Complete necessary paperwork and documentation
- if assigned, report to sleep night duty or breaking duty to ensure the safety of campers overnight
Compensation includes weekend stipend + room and meals + performance and attendance bonuses
Why you should work at Via:
- Meet amazing people and enjoy life-changing experiences
- Work with incredible campers
- Unique opportunity that will make your resume stand out
- Diverse, vibrant, supportive team and staff
- Make a significant, positive impact on people with special needs and their families.
Excellent experience for careers in:
- Recreation Therapy, Art Therapy, Music Therapy
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- In Home Respite (IHR)
- Speech Therapy (SLP), Occupational Therapy (OT), Physical Therapy (PT)
- Education, Special Education, Early Intervention
- Public service, law enforcement, and social services
- Performing arts, art, music, dance, creative expression
If offer is accepted, you will be required to provide verification of:
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to obtain criminal fingerprint clearance (DOJ/FBI)
- Proof of negative TB results and documentation of covid-19 vaccination
- CPR Certification/First Aid Training within thirty (30) days of hire date and prior to expiration thereafter
- Willingness to work variable hours, including evenings, weekends and select holidays.
- At least 18 years of age
- Must be able to lift and jointly transfer clients may require lifting up to 50 lbs, does require bending at the waist and knee
- Must have effective written/oral communication and organizational skills
- Must demonstrate responsibility and accountability
- If driving is a requirement for the job:
- Valid Driver's License.
- Clean driving record and an ability to drive agency vehicles with participants and staff.
- Proof of continuous automobile insurance coverage as required by the State of California.
- At least 21 years of age to drive clients
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race (including traits that are historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles, including braids, locks and twists), religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws related to discrimination and will not tolerate the interference with the ability of any of Via's employees to perform their job duties.
This job announcement is not a job description and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.