VES, LLC is seeking a PowerShell Developer to support our efforts at Picatinny Arsenal, NJ. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success creating automated deployment solutions across multiple nodes. You'll be working on a small team of exceptionally smart people to provide a streamlined and stable deployable product for the end user.
Daily work breakdown:
80% PowerShell development, 10% Troubleshooting Systems level issues on Windows, 10% Jira ticket management, inter-team coordination
General Job Duties:
- Develop, test, debug, and manage PowerShell scripts
- Administration of Microsoft Windows Servers via PowerShell scripts
- Management of VMWare virtual machines
- Understanding of IA/Security best practices and brings IA/Security issues to management
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Recommend improvements to existing PowerShell scripts as necessary
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PowerShell
- Familiar with standard PowerShell utilities including:
- Get-ADUser, Active Directory cmdlets
- Experience working with virtual machines/hypervisor (ESXi, VMWare Workstation, etc)
- Basic experience with git
- PowerShell DSC Experience
- Considers themselves a "Power User" on both Linux and Windows
- Management of MS SQL
- Knowledge of DHCP and DNS
- IP fundamentals including: subnetting, the OSI model, ICMP, IGMP, and traceroute, netstat, ping
- Knowledge of management of JBOSS
- An understanding of the BCL
- Develop useful build documentation
- Passionate about learning new technologies, tools, and platforms
- Experience with Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket/Git)
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, eligible for a security clearance
- 1-3 years of professional software engineering experience
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with respect to all above requirements.
VES offers a rich benefits package that includes:
- 401(k) match
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Up to 15 Paid Vacation days / year
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible work/life balance culture
ABOUT VES, LLC
We are a small business headquartered out of Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. We have grown up to 42 employees, many of them getting our footprints established in other areas of the United States. This particular role will support our team in NJ. Established in 2014, our core competencies are the development of custom government off the Shelf (GOTS) infrastructure solutions, integrating mission command systems, and prototyping emerging technologies for use in the Army tactical architecture. We are a company built entirely of engineers, focused completely on solving the DoD's hardest software systems integration challenges.
Many software government contractors only hire to fill a slot and then release the person with the contract time is up. We truly strive to be more of a close-knit group, hiring people for their talent and making sure they want to stay for the long haul. We offer highly competitive pay, generous benefits, and a friendly work culture.
VES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.