VES, LLC is seeking a highly accomplished SELinux Policy Engineer with demonstrated success supporting Software Development Teams and large software projects. For this position, we'll be asking you to work with a diverse team of exceptional engineers to produce a security enhanced, custom, built up Linux distribution, newly developed and existing software applications.
General Job Duties
- Experience in implementing solutions to real security problems. Experience with system architecture, design, test and implementation.
- Ability to identify security vulnerabilities in the system components or network devices and provide innovative solutions.
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Experience working with Secure Linux based servers, troubleshooting Linux boot issues and providing fixes as required.
- Produce reports and documents in support of system requirements and security certifications, write/contribute to white papers.
- Intimately familiar with Linux OS security processes, issues, and challenges.
- Be a leader and mentor to junior engineers.
- Past performance within the DoD, or a similarly regulated environment
- Experience with the RMF process
- Experience leading a team doing SELinux Policy development
- Experience troubleshooting other SELinux policies
- Understanding of RefPol and its limitations
- Experience doing formal policy analysis
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP stack
- Experience with packet analysis tools (such as Wireshark) and analyzing Protocol Data Units (PDUs)
- Strong ability to read and understand code written by other people
- Experience with common Linux scripting / shell utilities
- Bash/sh / Python / Perl / Awk / Sed, etc
- Experience with the following tracing/debugging tools:
- Strace, Ltrace, Ftrace, gdb, etcFamiliar with technologies to enable applications to run with least privilege, and avoid full root permission, including Linux Capabilities (getcap/setcap), seccomp, containers, etc
- Experience with managing and securing Linux Containers (LXC), Docker Containers
- Experience working within virtualized environments
- kvm / qemu, libvirt, VirtualBox, etc
- Comfortable reading / compiling / debugging / customizing the Linux Kernel
- Familiar with enhanced Linux security hardening techniques
- cgroups, namespaces, seccomp, capabilities, SELinux, etc
- Have worked within an Agile methodology utilizing Scrum Teams
- Ability to take strategic guidance and execute in a self motivated manner
- Passionate about learning new technologies, tools, and platforms
- Experience with Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence).
- Experience with tools such as Bitbake, Yocto, WindRiver Linux
- Have taken a Yocto/WindRiver/OpenEmbedded based project from inception to market
- Experience with preempt-rt, or other preemptable Linux solutions
Required Education and Experience:
- Masters Degree and 5+ years of professional Linux systems/software engineering experience; Bachelor's degree and 7+ years, or In lieu of a degree you may substitute 6+ years of experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, eligible for a security clearance with the DoD
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with respect to all above requirements.
VES offers a rich benefits package that includes:
- 401(k) match
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits
- Up to 15 Paid Vacation days / year
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
VES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.