- Louisville, KY, USA
- 22.00 -28.00
- Full Time
Full Medical, Dental & Vision with low premiums! Bonus Potential; 401k with company match; 14 paid holidays; Employer paid $75,000 of Life and AD&D insurance as well as Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability.
If you are looking for a dynamic company to join, take a look!
VDI is a metalizing film manufacturer, located in Louisville, KY and is an affiliated company of Madico, Inc.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(K) with employer matching
- 14 paid holidays
- Two weeks vacation plus sick time
- Bonus potential
- Company paid life insurance, long term disability and short term disability
- FSA account option
- Vaccination incentives
Maintenance Technician Position Description:
Under supervision, and/or self direction performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled troubleshooting, maintenance, modification and repair work in maintenance operations in all applicable disciplines.
Performs specialized work on process equipment systems and facilities, HVAC, physical plant control and electrical systems etc., as well as vehicle and support equipment service and maintenance, and other related work as required.
We have 1 Day shift and 1 Night shift position available.
Examples of Key Duties: (Duties are illustrative and not inclusive and may vary with individual assignment.)
- Troubleshoots, maintains and repairs complex systems and equipment in one or more areas of assignment such as motion control, web winding, vacuum pumping, instrumentation, calibration, machining, welding, fabrication, gas distribution, flow control, vehicles and heavy equipment, lighting, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and plumbing systems, heat exchange, fluid power, chiller, controls, water & filtration systems and other utilities as required.
- Follow and perform established PM programs
- Inspects any contractor work as assigned and monitors same ensuring that work is in compliance with VDI specifications, standards and time lines.
- Inspects facilities, grounds, infrastructure, shop, process equipment and vehicles to ensure VDI maintenance and safety standards are being met; takes or recommends corrective actions as necessary.
- Responds to emergencies and call-ins as required.
- Operates specialized equipment in areas of specialization such as electrical and/or mechanical testing devices, aerial platform, power tools, welder, diagnostic equipment, air compressor etc.
- Assists in planning, implementation and monitoring of projects including tracking expenditures.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) and five or more years of skilled maintenance work experience in one or more of the applicable disciplines; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform heavy physical work in or out of doors in all weather conditions and with exposure to potentially hazardous conditions, use varied hand and power tools, drive a motor vehicle and/or heavy construction equipment; lift and move materials and equipment weighing up to 90 pounds and heavier weights with the use of proper equipment; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone or other means.
Must be available for emergency overtime.
General Job Knowledge:
Standard policies and principles related to the maintenance, operation and repair of industrial equipment.
Safety practices and principles related to industrial maintenance operations.
- Performing skilled and semi-skilled maintenance and repair work on a variety of industrial facilities, equipment and infrastructure.