The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company was established in 1924 and are experts in all facets of the infrastructure of utility construction and maintenance. With locations primarily throughout the Midwest, we have the ability and know-how to allow us to respond quickly to natural disasters across the United States.
We are seeking qualified candidates to supervise and construct of natural gas construction projects in the state of Michigan.
The Foreman's responsibility is to complete all assigned tasks within the allotted time frame, at or under the predetermined budget and in keeping with the safety and quality standards of The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Foreman include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for familiarization with the complete scope and proposed method of construction for all The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company's projects that may be assigned to him / her.
- In conjunction with the General Foreman or Superintendent, ensures that proper equipment, tooling, and materials are on the job site as needed by field crews and/or subcontractors, and to remove any unnecessary rentals or equipment to prevent unnecessary charges to the projects.
- Follow Productivity Work Plan to assure the highest crew productivity possible for each project assigned.
- Responsible for the coordination of the activities of his/her assigned field crew and/or subcontractors with those others on the job site.
- Responsible for quality control on all assigned projects in keeping with The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company's high-quality standards.
- Responsible for achieving, surpassing, meeting, or bettering the job's time schedule.
- Maintain harmonious relations with General Contractors, Owners, Sub-contractors and all others associated with the project.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of daily reports.
- Responsible for the prompt and proper return of any surplus materials and/or equipment from all job sites.
Required: High School Degree or equivalent.
Required: 2 to 5 years of experience in natural gas construction.