The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company was established in 1924 and are experts in all facets of the infrastructure of utility construction and maintenance. With locations primarily throughout the Midwest, we have the ability and know-how to allow us to respond quickly to natural disasters across the United States.
We are seeking qualified candidates to serve as Operators on natural gas construction projects in the state of Michigan.
The Operator's responsibility is to complete all assigned tasks within the allotted time frame, at or under the predetermined budget and in keeping with the safety and quality standards of The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Operator include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for familiarization with the complete scope and proposed method of construction for all The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company's projects that may be assigned to him / her.
- In conjunction with the Foreman, ensures that proper equipment, tooling, and materials are on the job site as needed by field crews and/or subcontractors, and to remove any unnecessary rentals or equipment to prevent unnecessary charges to the projects.
- Follow Productivity Work Plan to assure the highest crew productivity possible for each project assigned.
- Operate heavy equipment throughout the jobsite.
- Responsible for assisting with various manual labor duties which includes, but is not limited to, loading and unloading material and equipment, digging trenches and bell holes, laying and fusing pipe, utilizing manual and powered tools, operate vehicles used for hauling tools and equipment.
- Responsible for following The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company's high-safety and quality standards.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current driver's license with good driving record
- Heavy equipment operating experience
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Current DOT physical or ability to obtain one
- 2+ years' experience in construction
- Completion of OSHA 10 and/or 40 Hour Training