- Boston, MA, USA
- Full Time
Competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, vacation, and 401(k) plan with match
About United Way:
We are the Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems. We identify the most pressing issues in our community and we bring together the people we think can solve them. United Way funds agencies that, working together, can address the nuances of complex problems like homelessness or the academic achievement gap. We create programs and initiatives to fill unmet needs. We deploy volunteers and socially responsible companies as the engines of change and the feet on the street, delivering hope to people in need. We raise funding through generous donors who understand that social change can't happen without it.
We offer excellent benefits including a BCBS PPO plan, dental, a 401k retirement savings with company match and an employer base contribution, a generous PTO policy which includes extended holiday time and summer hours. We also are offering staff a hybrid work schedule in a brand new office environment.
Create high-level messaging and stories, and manage specific donor, volunteer, corporate and other campaigns. Manage direct mail strategy and execution.
Equal parts storyteller and strategist, the Director of Content Marketing and Direct Mail is responsible for creating the content and the communications that engage donors, volunteers, partners, and the community in our work. United Way of Massachusetts Bay is at an exciting moment of redefining our role in the community, and we are looking for messaging and content that will help advance a movement for change, position United Way as a thought leader and mobilize individuals to take action. In addition to creating content for our various audience segments, the Director will work closely with our development team to specifically manage, optimize and grow our direct mail efforts, with a keen eye on audience segmentation and personalization.
- With a deep understanding of both our mission and the people who want to be part of that mission, create overarching messaging platforms and specific touchpoint content for all major events, direct mail campaigns, donor journeys, workplace campaigns and other outreach.
- Work with VP of Marketing to develop audience segmentation and personalization strategy.
- Develop strategy and content for digital donor journeys.
- Develop goals, strategy, and timelines for direct mail. Manage all aspects of executing direct mail campaigns, including working with Stewardship and IT to pull correct lists from CRM, analyzing results, suggesting improvements, managing budgets, etc.
- Create a bank of content for use in marketing and other materials, including impact stories and data for each of our focus areas.
- Work with United Way of Mass Bay's Art Director to develop branding for specific campaigns.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- 5-7 years' experience in content marketing and direct marketing.
- Outstanding writing skills, with proven experience in crafting compelling, persuasive messages for specific audience segments on a variety of platforms.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts and translate them into simple language.
- Proven experience in creating successful direct mail fundraising campaigns.
- Creative, flexible, problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and to the mission of the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley.
- All UWMB employees are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status.
United Way of Massachusetts Bay is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of our communities.