- Boston, MA, USA
- Full Time
Competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, vacation, and 401(k) plan with match
About United Way:
We are the Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems. We identify the most pressing issues in our community and we bring together the people we think can solve them. United Way funds agencies that, working together, can address the nuances of complex problems like homelessness or the academic achievement gap. We create programs and initiatives to fill unmet needs. We deploy volunteers and socially responsible companies as the engines of change and the feet on the street, delivering hope to people in need. We raise funding through generous donors who understand that social change can't happen without it.
An integral member of United Way's Marketing team, the Digital Marketing Manager supports the design, implementation, execution, and analysis of the department's digital marketing efforts. This includes all United Way web properties, electronic communications, digital advertising and database marketing.
Reporting to the Vice President of Digital Marketing, the Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for identifying, developing and implementing opportunities to engage with our external audience through digital channels. In addition to managing our digital output, the Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for reporting and analysis on all digital campaigns.
We are looking for someone who has proven technical ability, a marketing background and strong interpersonal communication skills. The ideal candidate will have technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills including experience with marketing automation and personalization, website optimization, analytics tools and customer/donor acquisition. They will need to be flexible and team oriented, able to work individually, as part of a team and directly with donors/volunteers. Strong writing skills a plus.
- Manage website (built on Word Press), including creating landing pages, trouble shooting, improving usability, researching and proposing improvements.
- Measure and report performance of all web-based campaigns using Google Analytics and CRM system. Assess performance against goals (ROI and KPIs). Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Manage automated Thank You process for website donations.
- Edit existing graphics using Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign.
- Work with internal teams to plan, execute and measure web, SEO/SEM, email, social media, donor journey and display advertising campaigns.
- Collaborate with IT to ensure marketing campaigns are linked to CRM data.
- Plan, execute and measure digital advertising campaigns.
- Propose and implement strategies to better build and engage follower base.
Email and Marketing Automation:
- Create, send and measure performance of all eCommunications from internal CRM system and Salesforce Marketing Cloud, including event invitations, newsletters, solicitations and thank you emails.
- Create, execute, and measure donor journey email campaigns in Marketing Cloud.
- Serve as primary technical problem solver for marketing department
- Serve as the primary marketing interface with IT department.
- Serve as the technical marketing interface with United Way Worldwide and Salesforce.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- On occasion, help with other team functions, including writing and proofreading email copy, setting up online fundraisers and helping with virtual events.
- BS/MS degree in a related field, with a minimum of 5 years of digital marketing work experience.
- Proven working experience with CRM systems, including Salesforce and the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly Exact Target).
- Proven experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, HTML and CSS
- Basic design experience, including familiarity with Adobe Creative suite.
- Familiarity with social media analytics tools and advertising platforms.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends).
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of this United Way.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- All employees are required to either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or be subject to COVID-19 testing. In the future, it is likely that vaccinations will be required due to federal mandate.
United Way of Massachusetts Bay is committed to hiring individuals
who reflect the diversity of our communities.