- 17-Sep-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Denver, CO, USA
- Full Time
This position is benefits eligible
Position Title: Manager, Volunteer Events
Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary: $46,000.00 - $48,000.00
Benefits: Our benefits package includes 100% employer-paid premiums on employee only health, dental, and vision plans; 3-6% employer contributions to 401(k); FSAs, employer-paid life/AD&D/LTD insurance; generous PTO, EIB, and holiday benefits; EAP; tuition reimbursement program; professional and growth and development opportunities; discounted pet insurance; Verizon Wireless discount; inclusive bereavement leave; and free underground parking for eligible employees
Location: This position is based out of our Denver office at 711 Park Ave W, Denver, CO 80205
COVID-19 Vaccination: In order to protect the health and safety of our staff and the communities we serve, Mile High United Way requires employees, including some designated remote workers, to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination, or submit to weekly testing, or receive a medical or religious exemption.
How You'll Help
Manage Mile High United Way volunteerism events and all volunteer activities including; Volunteer Center, signature volunteer events, Onsite activities, Affinity Group engagements, skill based and corporate requests of 80+ volunteers. Work cross-departmentally to develop Mile High United Way volunteer events that align with Community Impact work and strategic initiatives.
- Manage the Volunteer Center and all volunteer activities associated with volunteerism in managing the center and projects.
- Oversee all aspects of Mile High United Way signature volunteer events with more than 2,000 volunteers annually (currently: National Volunteer Week, Back to School Bash, Turkey Trot, Children's Holiday Party).
- Lead continuous assessment of impact of volunteering and work to actively convert volunteers to donors.
- Manage and recruit all volunteers and activities for Signature Events.
- Develop strategic partnerships with programs and local nonprofits that have capacity to support volunteer requests of 80+ volunteers in order to fulfill large corporate day of service requests (for example: Comcast Cares, Xcel Day of Service, etc.)
- Manage and oversee all onsite volunteer days of service and activities for corporate and community partners.
- Engage affinity groups and track volunteer hours.
- Manage logistics for all volunteer activities with corporate partners including; staff roles, supplies, day of execution, pre and post communications for more than 100 days of service.
- Manage all volunteer sponsorships from annual sponsorship to signature events.
- Oversee and analyze data for all volunteer activities.
- Present at public speaking engagements in the community related to various topics on volunteerism engagement affinity groups.
- Develop vision and continued growth for volunteerism at Mile High United Way.
- Optimize our technological tools such as Salesforce, Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud, Volunteer United and our website to develop and implement an outcome measurement process for evaluating the progress and effectiveness of volunteer engagement projects and strategy.
- Develop complete knowledge of Mile High United Way affinity groups to ensure volunteer offerings are available to all groups.
- Manage all volunteer event logistics including event promotion, registration, vendors and budget, volunteer communications and recognition, volunteer surveys, etc.
- Develop new and manage or support existing solicitations for events sponsors.
- Work cross-departmentally with Marketing & Communications to ensure appropriate coverage of all Mile High United Way volunteer events.
- Represent and provide information on Mile High United Way volunteer events at major donor events, corporate events, and community-wide events.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years' experience with volunteers and/or event management in the non-profit sector.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to excel under pressure.
- Substantial event planning and volunteer management experience.
- Strong track record of relationship building particularly with donors and/or volunteers.
- Good oral communication and writing skills, including presentations, public speaking, and written reports.
- Experience soliciting event sponsorships.
- Commitment to excellent and timely customer service in fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Denver metro non-profit community.
- Proficient in Salesforce, Word, Excel, Power Point, and other related software
Working Environment: 60% office; 40% outside meetings
Ready to apply? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.