- 19-Mar-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- University City, MO, USA
- $10.75 - $12.44
- Part Time
The purpose of this part-time position is to work the concession operations of Centennial Commons and the Heman Park Pool. The Lead Concession Worker position will be expected to complete routine matters, assignments and public contact work in a fast-paced, demanding and challenging environment. Other responsibilities include providing recommendations to management and decision makers for recreation center and pool operations and handling unusual problems. Work is performed under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor Facilities and indirectly to the Deputy Director of Recreation.
- Greet all customers and assist them with a pleasant demeanor.
- Supervising Concession Workers, training new employees and overseeing daily operations.
- Order, stock, and maintain inventory records on all concession products.
- Maintain a clean work environment and ensure that health department standards and regulations of sanitation and hygiene are met at all times.
- Receive money and count correct change for each sale using proper keyboard entry; accurately manage cash registers.
- Present purchases to customers in an approved manner.
- Manage product by rotating concession food and drink stock, restocking products and supplies, and monitoring product quantity, temperature, and expiration.
- Maintain a clean work environment by preparing and handling food and beverage according to sanitation regulations, cleaning all parts of the concession stand and equipment, and properly disposing of trash and recyclables.
- Receives the public and answers questions; responds to inquiries and communicates openly with patrons and staff in a friendly, professional manner.
- Operate recreation software and regular office equipment in an effective manner
- Follows established cash handling procedures; balancing all transactions at the end of each shift and preparing individual deposits.
- Prepares and compiles forms, reports, manuals, personnel records, bills, invoices, or other material which includes gathering data from appropriate sources, classifying and arranging data in proper format and completing all administrative requirements accurately.
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Minimum of one-year experience in customer service and/or cash handling required.
- Valid State of Missouri Driver's License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to operate a computer using a Point of Sales System for all concession sales.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain exceptionally courteous and customer-service oriented performance;
- Special ability to work as a team member, and to foster a team-work environment.
- Ability to work a combination of early mornings, days, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to make work decisions, and exercise initiative and judgment in carrying out work assignments.
- Ability to prepare and maintain departmental records of considerable complexity and to prepare reports/forms from such records.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Ability to be accurate and precise in written and verbal communications.
- Possess an eye for details and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to cope with frequent interruptions and adapt to current needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly and accurately follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Sense of creativity, initiative, and desire to consistently exceed requirements and expectations.