- 24-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- University City, MO, USA
- $16.43 - $25.50
- Full Time
The employee is responsible for greeting the public and ensuring that their inquiries, issues and concerns are handled through to completion. Employee provides administrative support to senior executive and professional staff. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. Employee handles varied office duties including, creating memos/reports, following-up and following-through on phone calls, complaints, correspondence and crime statistics, inquiries, independently and from instruction. Maintains and tracks files, organizes office, handles mail, and prepares various documents for staff. Must be organized and have ability to work in demanding, fast-paced challenging environment. Sense of creativity, initiative, and passion to consistently exceed requirements and expectations highly desired. Work hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday Friday & some Saturdays (subject to change).
This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The list of essential functions below may not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent in the position.
- Handle Police information window including screening calls and visitors, answering and following up on inquiries, requests and concerns from customers.
- Manage sale and distribution of police reports; obtain and track funds collected.
- Responsible for following-up and following-through on all assignments.
- Compiles reports independently and tracks the receipt of various reports from professional staff.
- Checks requisitions, vouchers, payments requests, and bids for mathematical and typographical errors.
- Significant data entry required and developing written materials from copies, rough drafts, or other sources.
- Immediately alerts supervisor and/or staff member of discrepancies and problems with assignments.
- Prepares spreadsheets, database inquiries, maintains records as requested by staff.
- Checks documentation for grammar, spelling and adherence to departmental and/or City requirements, prior to submitting to the staff member. Must demonstrate little or no incidence of errors or inaccuracy in work.
- Prepares and compiles forms, reports, or other material which includes gathering data from appropriate sources, classifying and arranging data in proper format and completing all administrative requirements accurately. Prepares reports for Uniform Crime Reporting.
- Develops system for electronically updating and retrieving departmental files, policies, reports, publications, etc.
- Processes traffic tickets, citations, false alarm notices, and warrants.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Responsible for following all prescribed safety rules and regulations; and utilizing and wearing appropriate safety gear.
- The City reserves the right to require an employee in this position to work overtime including during emergency situations (defined as any natural or man-made disaster that may or may not necessitate the relocation of City personnel or citizens). In the event of an emergency and/or a required evacuation, the incumbent may be required to remain at work to provide needed services or perform essential duties for the benefit of the general public including services or duties different from those performed in the normal course and scope of the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school, supplemented by college, secretarial/computer course work.
- Must type at least 50 words per minute.
- Must have at least 2 years' experience in a professional office environment.
- Must have at least 3 years customer service experience.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with MICROSOFT Office and ability to learn others.
- REJIS and LE WEB and UCR experience highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Customer service orientation. Must be especially courteous and customer-service oriented.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information;
- Knowledge, skill and ability to use Microsoft Office suite, Internet and email;
- Advanced knowledge of modern office practices procedures and equipment;
- Knowledge of English, writing, spelling, editing, and grammar and proper sentence structure;
- Ability to function well under pressure and under extremely short deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team member and to foster a team-work environment.
- Ability to quickly exhibit understanding of City and Departmental programs, policies and operations.
- Ability to make decisions, and exercise initiative and judgment in carrying out assignments based on established policies and procedures.
- Ability to prepare and maintain departmental records of considerable complexity and to prepare reports/forms independently and from instruction.
- Ability to balance and prioritize simultaneous calls and work assignments.
- Ability to be extremely accurate and precise in written and verbal communications.
- Ability to cope with frequent interruptions and adapt to current needs in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly and accurately follow complex oral and written instructions.