- 18-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- University City, MO, USA
- $47,597 - $73, 838
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, annual leave and sick leave, plus much more
The purpose of this position is to supervise work coordinating and supervising the operations of sports, health, and fitness. Work involves planning, coordinating, and supervising employees involved with fitness classes, personal training, and youth & adult sports, Direct subordinates may include Recreation Program Supervisors and Leaders, Fitness/Facility Attendants, Instructors, Contractors and Volunteers. Work is performed under the direction of the Deputy Director of Recreation and indirectly to the Director of Parks, Recreation and Forestry.
- Coordinates the development and management of sports, health, and fitness programs; develops, promotes, and advertises new and existing sports, health, and fitness programs in coordination with the Recreation Supervisor Programs and Special Events.
- Plans and executes all health and wellness special events, programs, classes, contractual agreements, and maintenance.
- Recruits, selects, develops, supervises, trains, and evaluated all fitness and sport staff.
- Reviews membership and sales numbers and statistics with the Recreation Supervisor II Facilities to identify potential revenue gaps and modify fitness programs.
- Implements and oversees risk management practices to ensure the safety of staff and patrons of the Fitness Center and Athletic Facilities, including the management of the sports and fitness equipment.
- Regularly train and coach staff on sport and fitness industry updates to ensure that all members and participants are trained professionally.
- Develop weekly work schedules for sport and fitness staff and manage overtime in accordance with departmental and FSLA standards.
- Develops and implements City Wellness/fitness programs in and out of Centennial Commons.
- Recommends equipment and supply purchases to the Deputy Director of Recreation and keeps accurate inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Monitors facilities and staff and serves as Manager on Duty (MOD) when needed.
- Acts as a managing supervisor; supervises part-time staff; answers phone calls and questions; interacts with patrons, problem-solving issues that arise.
- Ensures compliance with county Department of Health codes, ensuring all staff have proper shots and medical records; training staff how to properly use and clean equipment; preparing and setting up equipment needed; ordering and stocking all inventory on a weekly basis; and conducting weekly health code checks.
- Records all incoming revenue; organizes cash, checks and credit receipts daily; corrects any cash handling mistakes updating revenue in the system; and prepares daily remittance for the Finance Department.
- Oversees and coordinates the use and rental of all athletic facilities.
- Acts as Fitness Instructor and/or Personal Trainer maintaining valid certifications.
- Coordinates with Parks Maintenance Division to identify and schedule repairs, cleaning, etc. of Athletic Facilities.
- Coordinates with Public Works -Facility Maintenance Division to identify and schedule repairs, cleaning, etc. of Sports and Fitness Areas.
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in Parks & Recreation Management; Sports Management; Physiology; Kinesiology or related field required with a minimum of three (3) years of directly related full-time recreation experience, with one (1) year at a supervisory level.
- CPR and AED certifications within six (6) months of hire.
- Certification in group fitness from a nationally recognized fitness organization (such as AFAA, ACSM, ACE, NCSA) or other national certification in personal training within one (1) year of hire.
- NRPA Aquatic Management Professional Certificate within one (1) year of hire.
- Certified Parks and Recreation Professional (CPRP) within one (1) year of hire.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor certification within one (1) year of hire.
- Silver Sneakers group fitness programs certificates desired.
- NAYS Sports Administrator certification is desired.