- 18-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- University City, MO, USA
- $10.42 - $11.49
- Part Time
The purpose of this part-time position is to monitor the general supervision of the Centennial Commons fitness areas. Welcomes guests and works to ensure that they have a safe and enjoyable experience. This position is also responsible for maintaining the weights and cardiovascular fitness areas to make sure equipment is clean, functioning properly and used according to the rules of the facility. Work is performed under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor Sports, Health and Fitness and indirectly to the Deputy Director of Recreation. This position performs responsible work in the development and implementation of fitness activities designed to improve the quality of life of our participants.
- Supervises and interacts with fitness participants at recreation centers, parks, and other activity locations.
- Assists and/or plans, organizes, promotes and conducts activities for participants.
- Assists in the development and implementation of center goals and objectives.
- Always monitor all fitness areas.
- Enforcement of facility policies and City rules and regulations.
- Informs supervisor of all positive and negative information regarding facilities, programs, staff or the general public.
- Addresses emergency/accident issues regarding patrons and facilities.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information in an effective manner.
- Represents fitness programs to the participants, volunteers and community.
- Performs special projects and tasks as assigned by Recreation Supervisor and/or supervisory staff.
- Other related duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or age appropriate with this level of schooling (some college preferred).
- Minimum of two years responsible experience working in a recreational setting or similar role (preferred).