- 24-Jul-2020 to Until Filled (CST)
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Part Time
This part-time position with the Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department Golf Division works under the general direction of the Golf Course Maintenance Superintendent. This position is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations and maintenance functions pertaining to the City-owned golf course.
Note: This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The list of essential functions below does not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent in this position. Additionally, please be aware of the legend below when referring to the physical demands of each essential function.
Knowledge, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of procedures practices and methods of golf course operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of golf course equipment operation and maintenance.,
- Knowledge of safe and efficient application of chemicals for golf course maintenance.
- Knowledge of safety principles and practices.
- Skill in safe and efficient operation of a wide variety of tools and equipment under hazardous and emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate orally in an effective manner.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with employees, other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to lead and participate in a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance, repair, and improvement assignments.
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods of time under adverse environmental conditions.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in working with a diverse population.
- Ability to lift at least 60lbs.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to workdays, nights, weekends, and holidays.