- 23-Jan-2023 to 22-Feb-2023 (CST)
- TSGI - MAD
- Madison, AL, USA
- Full Time
Tyonek is dedicated to solving problems for current and future warfighters. We are seeking a motivated individual to take on the position of a senior electrical engineer. You will hold a key role in our aircraft integration efforts. Using your electrical engineering expertise, you will design and develop the integration of avionics and weapons systems into multiple vehicle platforms for customers including US DoD, foreign military, and/or commercial entities. You may also be the technical lead for projects during both the design and test phases.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is encouraged.
- Develop system requirements, architecture and interfaces between new avionic or mission systems and legacy aircraft systems.
- Develop aircraft systems and subsystem electrical designs to include creation of aircraft wiring diagrams, electrical installation drawings and harness fabrication drawings using Computer Aided Design (CAD) programs.
- Design control panels, circuit breaker panels, relay panels and interface panels.
- Perform and write engineering analysis and reports as required to obtain airworthiness certification to include Electrical Loads Analysis (ELA)
- Develop and present formal and informal design reviews.
- Develop installation instructions.
- Provide engineering support during the manufacturing phase.
- Provide engineering support during prototype, validation and verification of aircraft modifications.
- Review completed installations to ensure conformance to design.
- Develop avionics and electrical system and subsystem testing, write test plans, test procedures, and test reports.
- Perform aircraft avionics and electrical system and subsystem testing and write test reports.
- Provide avionics systems, aircraft electrical systems and electronic test equipment subject matter expertise and troubleshooting support to solve functional and system performance problems during post modification testing.
- Support component level qualification testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (or closely related field) is required.
- At least 16 years related experience is required.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Familiarity with modern avionics architectures, modern and legacy avionics systems, modern avionics data interface protocols, legacy avionics analog interfaces and system engineering processes.
- Knowledgeable of DoD aircraft electrical and avionics systems.
- Knowledgeable of DoD aircraft technical manuals.
- Knowledgeable of DoD and commercial aircraft electrical design requirements and design specifications to include SAE AS50881 Aerospace Vehicle Wiring Requirements.
- Knowledgeable in aircraft systems level electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) mitigation and testing techniques
- Knowledgeable of DoD and/or FAA airworthiness certification requirements.
- Previous military aircraft electrical and avionics systems experience is desired.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced multi-tasking customer service-oriented environment with a high degree of efficient and effective performance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands, working at heights with fall protection devices.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds and carry for short distances.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- Normally works in an office setting with controlled temperature.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VEVRAA/ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.