- 23-Jan-2023 to 22-Feb-2023 (CST)
- TSG - FRCE
- MCAS Cherry Point, NC, USA
- Full Time
Competitive Benefit Package
Must be able to remove, repair, modify, test, troubleshoot, calibrate, and install electrical systems, equipment, and accessories used in aircraft. "H- 1, H-53, V-22, AV-8, F/A-18, F-35 "
- Remove, repair, modify, test, troubleshoot, calibrate, and install electrical systems, equipment and accessories used in aircraft
- Make functional checks on electrical systems to ensure performance and reliability and correct malfunctions disclosed by static, ground, and flight tests; and replace defective wiring and install new wiring for aircraft changes, modifications and repairs.
- Overhaul, repair, modify and test aircraft electrical system accessories such as motors, dynamotors, inverters, voltage regulators, relays, cutouts, engine synchronizers, electric motor driven air compressors and activators, DC generators, Alternating Current (AC) alternators, Direct Current (DC)/AC electrical controls, cockpit air conditioning controls, engine temperature controls, and transistorized control equipment, etc.
- Install, troubleshoot, calibrate, and test complex electrical systems and devices on military aircraft to ensure precise performance and reliability of all electrical systems.
- Set up test positions using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, audio signal generators, frequency meters, voltmeters, wattmeters and ammeters.
- Test the various units for compliance with the proper tolerances prescribed for transient time, noise amplitude, and frequencies; adjust resonant circuits, compute alternative current loads; and make all necessary adjustments to bring the units up to prescribed operational standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A&P license not required but a plus
- Must have at least two (2) years of documented experience in Aerospace and/or Aircraft Electrical procedures and processes.
- Prefer experience from military fixed wing and rotor community "H- 1, H-53, V-22, AV-8, F/A-18, F-35 " or civilian heavy structure background
- Two (2) years relevant experience in military aviation or equivalent major MRO facility with journeyman-level ability to read, interpret and apply complex and detailed electrical schematics.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to pass a National Agency background check, which could include criminal history and a credit check for access to Government facilities. SECRET clearance may be required for some positions.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.