- 20-Jan-2023 to 19-Feb-2023 (CST)
- TNC - ANCH
- Tyonek, AK, USA
Internship for a Tyonek Shareholder.
Internship will be approximately 20 weeks long; working a minimum of 30 hours per week (or 40 hours depending on schedule), not to exceed 480 hours total.
Intern projects may involve activities and tasks that range from event planning, office projects, administrative tasks, community development projects, may gain experience working in the field of IT, construction, and/or land management, and manufacturing; and offering support in Accounting or wherever needed within TNC.
PREFERRED EMPLOYABLE SKILLS
- Communication skills (listening, verbal, written)
- Flexibility/adaptability/handling multiple priorities
- Ability to work with others in a professional manner
- Resourceful team player
- Positive attitude/motivation/energy
- Willingness to learn
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
- On occasion must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above / below shoulders.
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA governed Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities. TNC provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, national origin or any other reason prohibited by law. Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces and sit for extended periods of time.