- 12-Oct-2021 to 11-Nov-2021 (CST)
- TSGI - FRCLM
- Lemoore, CA, USA
- Full Time
Competitive Benefit Package
- This is job is at a Depot Level repair facility maintenance on types of aircraft, which include, but not limited to F/A-18 A-G and F-35. Military aviation platform experience is a plus. This position is located on a federal facility and will require a government issued clearance.
- Assemble staging, scaffolds and work stands necessary to perform the full function of the paint shop.
- Prepare aircraft, engines, support equipment, and components for finish using various chemicals, detergents, and solvents in conjunction with high pressure steam and water.
- Apply chemical conversion coating to bare substrate, sand and featheredge existing coatings using various grits of abrasives.
- Apply protective and decorative coating and paint finishes to aircraft, engines, ground support equipment and components; and paint insignias, lettering and designs on aircraft and components.
- Apply decals transfer and stencils to identify and decorate aircraft, engines, ground support equipment and components; apply sophisticated coating materials such as, but not limited to, waterbornes, elastomeric, and low volatile organic compounds materials to aircraft, ground support equipment, and components; apply radiation-reflecting coatings to cockpit and canopy enclosures; mix primers sealers and topcoat material to required viscosity for individual job or entire paint shop; treat corrosion; and perform wet and dry tape tests.
- Have skills in the use of measuring devices and gauges used to determine thickness, viscosity, surface smoothness and gloss of the applied coatings.
- Prepare the substrate for coating using a variety of pretreatment methods using chemicals, detergents and solvents in conjunction with high-pressure steam and water.
- Perform sanding and featheredging to existing coatings and shall select proper grit abrasives necessary to ensure adequate substrate smoothness prior to the finish application.
- Mask and protect surfaces not to be finished by the use of masking tape, discs, fixtures, plugs and/or covers.
- Use and maintain conventional, electrostatic, and high volume low pressure (HVLP) paint equipment and shall use a variety of materials such as lacquers, enamels, sealers, urethanes, waterbornes, epoxies, elastomerics, and ceramic coatings.
- Manufacture and maintain stencils, patterns, layouts and apply national and foreign insignias, special markings and designs required by military specifications and individual activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years aircraft painter experience
- Military decal and painting experience required
- Prefer experience from military fixed wing community or civilian heavy structure background
- Experience in heavy structure U.S. Military or related FAA or civil aviation
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a secret clearance.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk, stand, crawl, kneel and bend on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp, pull over hand, push, reach or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 44 pounds and heavy, moderate carrying up to 44 pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales with or without corrective lens.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color, shades of color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, crane, truck, tractor, etc.
- Work in an inside/outside environment to include working around machinery, objects, vehicles, ladders, and scaffolds.
- Excessive noise and vibration that can be intermittent or constant.
- Environmental conditions can included but not limited to dust, silica, asbestos, fumes, smoke, gas, solvents such as degreasing agents, grease, oils, and electrical energy
- Working on slippery or uneven surfaces
- Working closely with others or working alone
- Possible protracted or irregular hours of work as needed or required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.