- 14-Sep-2021 to 13-Oct-2021 (CST)
- TCGI - TYONEK
- Tyonek, AK, USA
Tyonek Contractors, LLC is seeking laborer assistance to support a project involving an exposed gas line at the Chuitna. This position is intended for Shareholders of Tyonek.
- Cleans and prepares construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Read and interpret plans, instructions and specifications to determine work activities.
- May need to control traffic passing near, in, and around works zones.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment and materials.
- Digs ditches and trenches, backfill excavations, compact and level earth to grade specifications using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers and rakes.
- Position, align and seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections and pipes.
- Measure, mark and identify building materials, machinery and tools then distribute them to the appropriate locations according to project plans and specifications.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring boxes, traffic barricades, ramps and other temporary structures.
- May build and position forms for pouring concrete and dismantle forms after use with use of saws, hammers, nails and bolts.
- High School Diploma / GED
- First Aid / CPR
- At least 3 years' of experience as a laborer
- Experience in utilities and general construction preferred.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Knowledge of arithmetic.
- Knowledge of machines, tools including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strengths to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protections of people, data, property and institutions.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands, working at heights with fall protection devices.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds and carry for short distances.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA governed Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities. TNC provides all employees and job applicants equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, national origin or any other reason prohibited by law.