- The primary duty of the Geotechnical Engineer is to provide geotechnical support to contractors with emphasis on temporary shoring walls and bridge foundations including drilled shafts and micropiles. In addition, the candidate will perform investigations and evaluations to develop design recommendations and assist in the preparation of design plans and specifications. More specific duties include developing subsurface investigation and laboratory testing programs, shallow and deep foundation analyses, slope stability analysis, subgrade evaluations, soil and rock cut slope designs, preparation of geotechnical engineering reports, task/project management, and the preparation of technical and price proposals. The candidate should be capable of working independently on projects.
- Ideal candidate should have 5+ years of relevant experience. Professional registration is required. The candidate will have the opportunity to help grow a geotechnical engineering group.
- Geotechnical Design
- Assist in marketing
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates
- Prepare technical reports
- Approve and review inspection reports while managing geotechnical projects
- Eventually manage staff of geotechnical engineers
- Professional Engineering Registration a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- MathCAD, Slide and/or SLOPEW, LPILE, Shoring Suite preferred
- Typically in office, but occasionally works out in a field type environment outdoors in addition to indoors
- Environment can be dirty and noisy
- Wears appropriate protective clothing and equipment including gloves, ear protection and respirators when necessary
- Lifting up to 50 LBS.
- Stands frequently and walks about the work areas
- Occasionally stretches up and across when completing daily tasks
- Squatting, crouching or kneeling may be required occasionally
- Twisting the body or neck may be required occasionally
- Bending is occasionally required to facilitate the lifting of items used daily
- Contact with skin irritants or water may occur during certain processes
- Repetitive hand and arm movements are required when operating machinery
- The employee must be able to perform the physical demands of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree. Masters degree a plus.
This job description is presented as guidance only, other reasonable tasks or responsibilities as management sees necessary may be added to this job description in order to achieve satisfactory job performance by the team member.
EEO Statement: Our company, in accordance with state and federal laws, does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status (unless such discrimination is required by law) or conviction record, except where sex, physical ability, age or conviction record is a bona fide occupational qualification. Our company also is required by law, by virtue of its contracts with the federal government, to take affirmative action to employ women, minorities, otherwise qualified handicapped individuals, and Vietnam-era, disabled, and other eligible veterans.