- 23-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Troy, MI, USA
- Part Time
The Troy Recreation Department is seeking Water Safety Instructors to conduct youth and adult swimming classes at the Troy Community Center indoor pool. The Troy Community Center Indoor Aquatics offers something for everyone - the indoor pool allows for customers to keep swimming even in Michigan's frigid winters and for Water Safety Instructors to work year-round.
Pay: Starting at $12.00/hour
- Teach all classes in the water with students and keep classes separate to ensure maximum individual attention.
- Enforce all rules and regulations of the aquatic facility consistently, courteously and professionally.
- Ability to act in an emergency at the aquatic facility in an appropriate manner.
- Provide a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for our patrons and provide excellent customer service.
- Be reliable and properly prepared for all lessons (including plans and equipment). Be on deck 15 minutes prior to start of each lesson. Properly store all equipment after lessons.
- Responsible for understanding objectives of lessons and presenting objectives to participants in an effective manner.
- Attend staff meetings and be held accountable for all information presented.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed appearance and wear approved attire/uniform.
- Able to plan out appropriate level lesson plans and implement them in class.
- Assist in the cleanliness of the facility.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must have strong swimming skills.
- Physical ability and endurance to perform job as required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with the class participants and the public.
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must pass a pre-employment physical.
- Prefer previous experience working with children.
- Prefer instructor certificate, approved CPR credentials, and First Aid Training and WSI certification. Please attach applicable copies of certificates to job application.
Part-time. Year-round. Mornings, evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. Number of hours range from 8-28 per week.
Summer (indoor/outdoor): minimum 12 hour required per week.
Seasonal (non-summer): minimum 8 hours required per week.
For additional details contact (248)524-3484.
Your application is part of the review process; be sure it is complete. You may attach a resume however, all information requested on the application form must be completed (i.e. writing "see resume" is not sufficient).
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!