- Normal, IL, USA
- Full Time
Opportunity to enroll in group plan coverages, 1st of the month following 30 days, to include: Comprehensive Medical Insurance, RealTime TeleMed, Dental, Vision, Life and Critical Illness Insurance and Short-Term Disability. We also offer, Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and holiday), 401K and Referral Bonuses (all offered after meeting the eligibility requirements). Other Benefits include, Tuition assistance (scholarships and discounts), FREE Employee Assistance Program, Employee Perks and Discounts, Advancement Opportunities and Travel Opportunities
TRIGO Global Quality Solutions has an immediate opening for a Traveling Containment Technician around the Bloomington/ Normal, IL area. This candidate must be willing to travel to Champaign, Decatur, or Peoria when not deployed on a project. The employee needs to be capable of working independently and standing throughout their shift.
Overall Purpose of the Traveling Quality Containment Technician:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Containment Technician Duties:
- Inspect or perform sorts/reworks on non-conforming and/or suspect material, using measuring and gaging tools and visual techniques in determining conformance to engineering specifications
- Determine the method(s) and process(es) needed to measure part conformance, according to the allowed dimensional tolerances and normal gaging practices
- Document and report non-conformances to specifications using computerized quality documentation system and/or controlled paperwork.
- Contain non-conforming parts and materials, sorting and reworking non-conforming parts and material when necessary
- Complete other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS, COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to create/read work instructions
- Comprehension-level knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Comprehension-level knowledge and understanding of inspection techniques, and the selection and manipulation of measuring tools, equipment (including pallet jack and hoist) and gages.
- Demonstrated understanding of quality systems and inspection methods
- Demonstrated multitasking ability, and work effectively without direct supervision
- Operating level proficiency in using MS Office Suite and web-based application programs
- Demonstrated ability in re-prioritizing projects and assigned tasks
- Identify, analyze, and remedy quality problems relating to effective line job functions
- Demonstrated ability in written and verbal communication
- Perform visual inspection of painted surfaces, surfaces, surface defects, cleanliness and packaging
- Able to unpack and repackage material safely and as instructed
- Record Keeping
- High School Diploma
- Previous work experience in a quality or containment background preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position is located in an industrial/production environment and as such may be exposed to the following:
- Intermittent moving or lifting up to 50 pounds
- Intermittent exposure to extreme cold and extreme heat
- In proximity to moving mechanical parts and machinery
- Exposure to electrical shock and vibration
- Exposure to noise level of industrial/production environment Usually very loud
- Working in close proximity to customer/client
- Exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation
About TRIGO Global Quality Solutions
Founded in 1997, TRIGO is a multinational company providing operational Quality Management solutions for the manufacturing sector, especially in the automotive and aerospace industries. With a team of more than ten thousand professionals present in 20+ countries across 4 continents, TRIGO offers a comprehensive portfolio of Quality Assurance services ranging from inspection to expert auditing, consulting and training.
The unrivaled expertise, industrial mindset and extensive global footprint that TRIGO has built up over the last 3 decades has made TRIGO the leading quality solutions provider using the latest innovative and reliable digital systems and standard processes, delivering results in the most demanding industries. TRIGO has recently started to expand its clientele by offering quality services to the medical, chemical and food industries.
TRIGO Global Quality Solutions is committed to the core values of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, and with respect and dignity. We offer employment opportunities based upon an individual's qualifications and performance, free from discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, color, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, and disability.
TRIGO Global Quality Solutions appreciates receiving all expression of interest; however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!