- Dubuque, IA, USA
- Full Time
Opportunity to enroll in group plan coverages, 1st of the month following 30 days, to include: Comprehensive Medical Insurance, RealTime TeleMed, Dental, Vision, Life and Critical Illness Insurance and Short-Term Disability. We also offer, Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and holiday), 401K and Referral Bonuses (all offered after meeting the eligibility requirements). Other Benefits include, Tuition assistance (scholarships and discounts), FREE Employee Assistance Program, Employee Perks and Discounts, Advancement Opportunities and Travel Opportunities.
Trigo Global quality solutions is looking for a Technical Quality Engineer (TQE) in Dubuque, Iowa. This position assists the customer as the primary liaison between the customer's assembly processes and the customer's reactive supplier quality department. The TQE utilizes a combination of customer assembly specifications and their personal inspection background to maintain the customer's quality expectations accurately, efficiently, and in a professional manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to the customer's assembly line quality problems
- Establish short term product containment and/or request product rework for defective products
- Document and report assembly line and non-operational product quality issues
- Investigate and report findings of supplier caused non-operational product quality issues generated on the assigned shift to the appropriate supplier, affected quality groups, supply management, and operations groups.
- Investigates product quality issues in collaboration with customer quality group to determine the scope of the issue and provide data for supplier.
- Report results of containment to applicable groups to assists with their business making decisions/impact.
- Assist in investigation of root cause, gather and analyze historical data, and assist as needed in the corrective action process to help drive a robust 8D process that will yield no future issues.
- Other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned
JOB SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated ability in reading and interpreting engineering and assembly drawings a must
- Comprehension level knowledge and understanding of inspection techniques and the use of the appropriate measuring tools, equipment, and gages
- Comprehension level knowledge of industrial equipment assembly processes
- Operating level proficiency using computer software programs
- Demonstrated ability in written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated comfort level in interfacing with various levels of the customer's staff and management while working in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills
- Positive and adaptable to workflow changes
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 or 4 year technical degree in a related field preferred
- Quality and Engineering experience preferred
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Microsoft Suite and SharePoint knowledge preferred
This position may include some supervisory responsibilities
Only qualified applicants will be selected. No phone calls please. At this time Trigo Global Quality will not offer or commence ("sponsor") an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B, TN, OP-T VISAs or other employment-based immigration case). This is sometimes called "sponsorship" for an employment-based visa status. Qualified candidates may apply directly on our site at: https://trigogroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
About TRIGO Global Quality Solutions
Founded in 1997, TRIGO is a multinational company providing operational Quality Management solutions for the manufacturing sector, especially in the automotive and aerospace industries. With a team of more than ten thousand professionals present in 20+ countries across 4 continents, TRIGO offers a comprehensive portfolio of Quality Assurance services ranging from inspection to expert auditing, consulting and training.
The unrivaled expertise, industrial mindset and extensive global footprint that TRIGO has built up over the last 3 decades has made TRIGO the leading quality solutions provider using the latest innovative and reliable digital systems and standard processes, delivering results in the most demanding industries.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!