Technical Subcontracts Manager - (Aerospace) - Boston, MA
For over 30 years, Trigo Global Quality (Formerly the PIC Group) has remained the leading provider of full-service quality solutions, servicing the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries throughout the United States, Canada and most recently, Mexico. As the only full-service quality solutions provider of its kind, Trigo provides containment, inspection, quality engineering consultants, training, and supplier development services. Not only do our quality solutions help customers meet their immediate needs, but they help to rectify quality issues long term. With our extensive geographic footprint, we are the largest global provider of quality solutions with the ability to respond quickly and effortlessly, when and where our customers need us.
Think you'd make a good addition to the team? Come, build a future with us!
Please visit our website at: https://campaign.trigo-group.com/en/accelerate-your-career
This is a Technical Subcontracts Manager field support position. This role will be responsible for providing onsite support at multiple major system and air-frame suppliers located in the states of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont. Daily commuting and occasional overnight stays will be required, as approximately 90% of the TSM's time will be spent onsite at a supplier facility.
The TSM is a member of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) team that the company uses to minimize disruptions to the supply chain by providing "in the field" oversight of supplier execution. As a project manager overseeing multiple Suppliers, daily activities will include: working with supplier personnel to prioritize components through manufacturing, validating the status of the deliverable parts and providing detailed status to company procurement, preparing plans to reduce/prevent shortages, identifying risks in the supply chain, and developing risk mitigation plans to minimize the potential impact to the company.
Engages in the evaluation of supplier production capabilities as well as supplier capacity evaluations. Includes periodic constraint and risk evaluation and assessments. Included are provisions for identifying restraints and bottlenecks with product flow and offer solutions and recommendations to suppliers for improvements. Facilitates the flow of materials, products, in process processing and finished goods to and from work cells and suppliers / sub-tier suppliers. Ensures verification of materials through finished goods are compliant with specifications and standards as required.
- Understand production processes as they relate to aircraft systems components and avionics equipment, machined part fabrication, tooling fabrication, and lean manufacturing.
- Will be a self-starter that can analyze supplier processes and developing improvement plans in collaboration with personnel from both the supplier and the company.
- Will regularly collaborate across multiple functions (within the company and at the supplier facility), including production, procurement, quality, and engineering, in order to expedite parts/assemblies that are required to support each of the company Aeronautics Lines of Business (LOB).
- The success of the person in this position will greatly depend on his/her ability to communicate clearly and effectively with supplier personnel at varying levels of an organization.
- Will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to build relationships quickly with multiple stakeholders.
The primary work-scope of this position is within the MA, NH, VT, and MA. Candidates should ideally reside near Manchester, NH for optimal access to the supplier assignments; however candidates located in N. Boston, or NH, VT, and S. MA will be considered.
- 5-7 years Hands-on experience as Project Manager
- Experience with Industrial Engineering
- Direct Manufacturing experience
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Previous experience with electronic Material Requirements Planning systems such as SAP.
- Ability to work across multiple venues with both internal and external customers and suppliers to ensure on time delivery.
- Requires comprehensive understanding of overall manufacturing processes and procedures, with an ability to interpret specifications and contracts, as well as an understanding of objective evidence.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills for presentations and potential executive level briefings
- Previous experience working closely with Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineers and Purchasing to coordinate planning and work schedules for production.
- Excellent interpersonal relations, customer service, and written/oral communication skills required.
- Well organized, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to gather, interpret, analyze and proactively act on data with minimal supervision.
- High sense of urgency with ability to work in a fast-paced team environment anticipating and adjusting to production challenges to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrated skills and experience purchasing in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Desired Skills and Education:
- Hands-on experience with ERP System Applications a plus
- Higher education preferred.
Required Education (including certifications):
- High School Diploma
TRIGO Global Quality Solutions is committed to the core values of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, and with respect and dignity. We offer employment opportunities based upon an individual's qualifications and performance, free from discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, color, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, and disability.