Supplier Capacity Specialist
(Contract / T4A)
Under general supervision, this position manages supplier capacities & supplier readiness of purchased part production for vehicle production by proactively steering supplier industrialization in the project phase and evaluating associated risks. Leading crisis management and manage shortages related to capacity bottlenecks.
Manage supplier activities with the following scope of work (but not limited to):
- Safeguard current & future production volume of purchased parts.
- Analyze production capacities and identify countermeasures for bottleneck processes.
- Evaluate material flow output efficiency at supply base incl. supply chain management.
- Negotiate and track adjustments at suppliers (tool, equipment, headcount) due to production volume fluctuations.
- Identify issues, develop countermeasures and track measures to completion and/or escalation to management.
- Drive decision-making process on supplier relevant investments and align with all relevant parties (e.g. Capacity, Purchasing, and Supplier Quality).
- Create formal status and decision making reports (e.g. for critical series supplier topics, new project status and creation of audit reports as well as decision-making reports).
- Ensure shipment of correct quality level in the right quantity in the requested time at supplier base.
- Confirm necessity of investment (e.g. correct amount of equipment, man-power, packing and overtime).
- Support crisis management for short-term and long-term shortages at supplier.
- Support on-site evaluations of supplier using Mercedes Benz guides and processes, such as Logistics Process Analysis (LPA), Daimler Logistics Audits (DLA) or Audits according to the Association of German Automotive Industry (VDA):
- Identify logistics process issues.
- Evaluate supplier logistics capability.
- Track agreed countermeasures with supplier.
- Organize and conduct follow-up visits to ensure implementation.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Supply chain management, supplier quality, or automotive manufacturing
- Proven ability to manage and evaluate suppliers
- Ability to conduct capacity studies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge about production processes and supply chain processes
- Ability to communicate in German language
- Working knowledge in SAP and MS Database
- VDA audit experience (Audits according to the Association of German Automotive Industry)
- Bachelor's degree in the following areas: Supply Chain/Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration Or related area or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Only qualified applicants will be selected. No phone calls please. At this time Trigo Global Quality will not offer or commence ("sponsor") an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B, TN, OP-T VISAs or other employment-based immigration case). This is sometimes called "sponsorship" for an employment-based visa status. Qualified candidates may apply directly on our site at: https://trigogroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
About TRIGO Global Quality Solutions
Founded in 1997, TRIGO is a multinational company providing operational Quality Management solutions for the manufacturing sector, especially in the automotive and aerospace industries. With a team of more than ten thousand professionals present in 20+ countries across 4 continents, TRIGO offers a comprehensive portfolio of Quality Assurance services ranging from inspection to expert auditing, consulting and training.
The unrivaled expertise, industrial mindset and extensive global footprint that TRIGO has built up over the last 3 decades has made TRIGO the leading quality solutions provider using the latest innovative and reliable digital systems and standard processes, delivering results in the most demanding industries