Software Quality Engineer (Aerospace) - Savannah, GA
For over 30 years, TRIGO Quality Solutions US Inc. (Formerly the PIC Group) has remained the leading provider of full-service quality solutions, servicing the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries throughout the United States, Canada and most recently, Mexico. As the only full-service quality solutions provider of its kind, TRIGO's team of over 8,000 professionals provide containment, inspection, quality engineering consultants, training, and supplier development services in over 20 countries. Not only do our quality solutions help customers meet their immediate needs, but they help to rectify quality issues long term. With our extensive geographic footprint, we are the largest global provider of quality solutions with the ability to respond quickly and effortlessly, when and where our customers need us.
Please visit our website at: https://campaign.trigo-group.com/en/accelerate-your-career
Think you'd make a good addition to the team? Come, build a future with us!
The Software Quality Engineer will be located in Savannah, Georgia to develop a detailed software quality assurance engineering process, including Quality Engineering, Supply Chain Management, and Quality Source Inspection, that can be subsequently performed at the supplier's facilities and integrated into the engineering development process of the customer. The SQE will also define the role for Software Quality Assurance Engineering and the process to interface with the supplier.
- The Software Quality Engineer is highly supplier-focused, requiring excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) to manage software quality assurance responsibilities and ensure compliance across and at all levels of the organization on major programs from design through production stages. Conceptualization and creation of a software quality assurance engineering process and role for the customer. Key tenets of the process and role are as follows:
- Assure Software Design compliance with Customer Contract, AS9100, ISO9001, and Regulatory Standards and established processes.
- Implement Software Design and Development Protocols to RTCA/DO-178, AS9115 and of Hardware to DO-254.
- Provide guidance on implementation of SQA Methods and Procedures as illustrated through the Compacity Maturity Model integration (CMMi) .
- Perform Hardware & Software Document Reviews
- Participation in Milestone Design Reviews (SSR/PDR/CDR/TRR)
- Review and Audit of Software Development Folders (SDF)
- Perform Code Reviews
- Use of Software Development Methodologies in an Aerospace Design & Development environment.
- Conduct Process Audits to the standard protocols of RTCA/DO-178, DO-254 and the current AS9100 Quality Management System.
- Participate in Software and Hardware Design and development Review Meetings (Design and Validation/Verification) to standard S/W Protocols.
- Prepare Quality Assurance Plans.
- Perform product test witness/monitoring in laboratory environment.
- Assist in preparing Review/Audit Reports.
- Support Statistical and Status Reporting Metrics.
- Provide support with Software & Hardware Conformity Certification.
- Conduct and support Software SOI (Stages of Involvement) Audits.
- Will be required to perform Root Cause analysis investigations and implement Corrective Actions
- Manage Task Assignments to completion
- Perform Internal Software / CMMi Audits
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for testing and evaluating Software Protocols and Coding.
- Heavy emphasis on RCCA and CAPA experience.
- Heavy emphasis on FMEA experience.
- Heavy emphasis on Process Improvements and Standardization of Processes.
- "Hands-On" working knowledge and experience with Software Design and Development Protocols to RTCA/DO-178, AS9115 and of Hardware to DO-254
- Good working knowledge and experience with compliance to RTCA/DO-178 required and experience with DO-254 requirements is desired.
- Understand Mechanical Techniques and Interpret Drawings and Specifications Experience in Software Development for C, C++, C#, and Visual Basic, including performing Code Reviews.
- Knowledge and understanding with Software Development Methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall, OCR).
- Experience with Scripting (i.e., SCRUM, Java Script, ASP.net, Python Basch Scripting, Unix, etc.).
- Must have Aerospace/Aviation experience.
- Knowledge of or hands on experience (Preferred) with FAA, EAR, and ITAR standards and regulations
- Experience leading customer audits
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Must have experience with Software Development Programs, Software Testing on electronic Product and fully understands the Development Standard (DO-178B)
- U.S. citizenship required.
Required Education (including certifications):
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., Software Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc.) with 5+ years of Hands-on experience as a S/W Quality Engineering in an Aerospace Manufacturing Environment. In lieu of a Degree, 8+ years of hands-on experience as a S.W Quality Engineering in an Aerospace Manufacturing Environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
TRIGO Quality Solutions US Inc.is committed to the core values of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, and with respect and dignity. We offer employment opportunities based upon an individual's qualifications and performance, free from discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, color, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, and disability.