Supplier Quality Engineer - (Aerospace) - New York, NY
For over 30 years, Trigo Global Quality (Formerly the PIC Group) has remained the leading provider of full-service quality solutions, servicing the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries throughout the United States, Canada and most recently, Mexico. As the only full-service quality solutions provider of its kind, PIC provides containment, inspection, quality engineering consultants, training, and supplier development services. Not only do our quality solutions help customers meet their immediate needs, but they help to rectify quality issues long term. With our extensive geographic footprint, we are the largest global provider of quality solutions with the ability to respond quickly and effortlessly, when and where our customers need us.
Think you'd make a good addition to the team? Come, build a future with us!
Please visit our website at: https://campaign.trigo-group.com/en/accelerate-your-career
The Supplier Quality Engineer serves suppliers in the posted geographical area. This position will provide guidance to the supplier's executive team and leadership, coaching, & mentoring to the Supplier Quality Engineering team. Duties will include ensuring suppliers, coordinate, monitor and follow-up on supplier-related issues, collaborating with supplier to solve technical and contractual issues, and ensuring the team activities are directly aligned with achieving quality and affordability goals set by the customer. This will be accomplished through effectively analyzing performance data, identifying issues, driving supplier improvement planning at the supplier, and executing systemic root cause and corrective/preventive action plans.
- Utilize quality science techniques to effect continuous performance improvement at assigned suppliers;
- Reviews, analyzes, and reports on quality discrepancies related to process, assembly, manufacturing, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, or electro-mechanical systems;
- Ensure that performance and quality of products conform to established company and regulatory standards;
- Use surveillance and auditing techniques to identify opportunities for process and product improvement;
- Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, supplier, and procurement (as appropriate) to ensure requirements / expectations are satisfied;
- Facilitate development of supplier recovery plans;
- Monitor and evaluate supplier process for compliance to purchase order and engineering requirements;
- Collaborate with supplier to investigate root cause and corrective actions when process or product deficiencies are detected;
- Identify, plan, and facilitate cross-functional improvement activities;
- Deploy variation management tools and techniques at select suppliers to mitigate risk;
- Have performed Quality System Audits, AS9102 First Article Reviews;
- Computer proficiency and proficiency with MS Office products
- Root Cause & Corrective Action experience.
- Experience developing successful performance improvements.
- Experience identifying and engaging relevant stakeholders for collaboration.
- Experience working independently and with minimal supervision.
- Airframe and Electronic experience is required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required - a Green Card, Permanent Resident Card, or needing sponsorship is not allowable.
- 5 years of experience in field of quality science and/or quality engineering.
- Familiarity with Tooling concepts and their use in the manufacturing and inspection of product.
- Experience developing plans for acceptance testing, inspections, and sampling.
- Understanding and experience with AS9100 based Quality Management System (QMS).
- Understanding and experience with AS9145 Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Experience coaching or leading others.
Required Education (including certifications):
- Bachelors' degree in science, engineering, technology, or mathematics and 14 or more years of professional related work experience;
- OR a master's degree in science, engineering, technology, or mathematics and 12 or more years of professional related work experience..
Trigo Global Quality Solutions is committed to the core values of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, and with respect and dignity. We offer employment opportunities based upon an individual's qualifications and performance, free from discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, color, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, and disability.