Supplier Quality Engineer (Aerospace) - Montreal, Quebec, CAN
For over 30 years, Trigo Global Quality (Formerly the PIC Group) has remained the leading provider of full-service quality solutions, servicing the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries throughout the United States, Canada and most recently, Mexico. As the only full-service quality solutions provider of its kind, TRIGO's team of over 8,000 professionals provide containment, inspection, quality engineering consultants, training, and supplier development services in over 20 countries. Not only do our quality solutions help customers meet their immediate needs, but they help to rectify quality issues long term. With our extensive geographic footprint, we are the largest global provider of quality solutions with the ability to respond quickly and effortlessly, when and where our customers need us.
Please visit our website at: https://campaign.trigo-group.com/en/accelerate-your-career
Think you'd make a good addition to the team? Come, build a future with us!
The Supplier Quality Engineer works with suppliers to monitor the effectiveness of their Quality Management System to continuously improve supplier performance (increase lifecycle, reduce scrap, improve manufacturing/repair processes). This position requires leadership skills that would enable the SQE to drive major Quality improvement projects across functions with minimum supervision.
- Performs all tasks in area of responsibility in a timely manner to support the supplier quality/inspection system. Ensures all aspects of the delivered/finished article is manufactured in accordance with approved quality system requirements and is certified as compliant to type design requirements.
- Manages the compliance of supplier performance through the application of system, product and process metrics.
- Responsible for ensuring timeliness and effectiveness monitoring of the supplier(s) Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) process.
- Promotes the use of continuous improvement techniques and APQP principles at Suppliers to help them reduce variability and achieve process control.
- Develops key metrics and score card measures that accurately depict supplier health from a risk and performance perspective.
- Lead quality focus meetings to address supplier performance and to communicate progress.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ASQ certification (CQE) and/or experience as a FAA recognized designee highly preferred: European equivalents are acceptable.
- Experience in a Supplier Quality capacity highly desirable.
- Understands and able to apply and communicate to others: blueprints/specifications; Control System Requirements; knowledge of manufacturing/fabrication techniques and processes.
- Computer literate; capable of working within the various software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Catia V5, etc
- Advanced knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma principles (certification preferred)
- Aircraft engine environment knowledge
- Fluency in English and the primary language of the facility.
Required Education (including certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Aviation Sciences, Quality Systems, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Four (4) years related experience in a manufacturing environment, or aviation repair and overhaul facility.
TRIGO Global Quality Solutions is committed to the core values of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, and with respect and dignity. We offer employment opportunities based upon an individual's qualifications and performance, free from discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, color, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, and disability.