- 09-Feb-2023 to Until Filled (CST)
- Tomball, TX, USA
The City of Tomball is accepting applications for lifeguards for the 2023 summer season. This position is responsible for ensuring the safety of the facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies. Lifeguards will also be responsible for teaching swim lessons and general cleaning in and around the pool area and bathhouse. The head lifeguard will mentor and supervise the other lifeguards and assist with in-service trainings. The head lifeguard position will also assist the pool manager by the management of pool chemicals, pool records / reports (attendance, injuries, improvements, maintenance needs, etc.), ensuring customer service and the occasional small routine maintenance.
- Minimum age for Lifeguards is 16 years.
- Prior experience is preferred for the Lifeguard position, required for the Head Lifeguard position.
- Must be able to attend training on Friday, May 12, 2023, 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. AND Saturday, May 13, 2023, 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- CPR, First Aide and AED certification required before pool opens for the season.
- Water Safety Instruction certification is a plus.
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment drug screening and random drug screening in the non-DOT covered position pool.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the safety of all participants in the aquatic area.
- Responds to emergencies and provides appropriate care in accordance with American Red Cross Lifeguard training to include rescue and resuscitate if necessary.
- Monitor activities to prevent accidents.
- Enforce pool rules, regulations and policies for the safety and convenience of the public.
- Communicate effectively with the public on a regular basis.
- Ability to remain alert, attentive, and responsible.
- Field and responds to inquiries for hours, fees, lessons, activities, etc. with appropriate and accurate information.
- Ability to teach or assist in teaching swim lessons.
- Perform opening/closing procedures and water tests.
- Assists in routine upkeep and cleaning facilities.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Must be willing to work mornings, mid-day, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lifeguards - $11.75 - 12.50 per hour
- Head Lifeguards - $12.75 - 13.00 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement - The City of Tomball does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, National Origin, Sex, Religion, Age or Disability in employment or the provision of services.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!