- 22-Apr-2022 to Until Filled (CST)
- Tomball, TX, USA
- Full Time
The City of Tomball is accepting applications for the position of Utilities Serviceperson in the Public Works Department. This position performs maintenance, repairs and construction under direction. This individual will install and repair water, sewer and gas lines, taps meters, etc. There will be some meter reading and public contact. There is strenuous physical work outdoors, some after hour work and considerable hazard to health and body.
- Experience in operating excavation equipment such as backhoe, loaders and other specialized equipment.
- Must be able to obtain Class D water and wastewater licenses within one year from hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class C Texas motor vehicle operator's license.
- Must possess H. S. Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment drug screening and random drug screening in the DOT covered position pool.
UTILITIES SERVICEPERSON I
To be hired at this level you must meet the qualifications listed above, possess Class D water and wastewater licenses and have one year of experience working in water, sewer or gas systems
UTILITIES SERVICEPERSON II
To be hired at this level you must meet the qualifications listed above, possess Class C water and wastewater licenses and have two years of experience working in water, sewer or gas systems
Hiring range - $34,576 - $36,305 (Hourly $16.61 up to $17.45)
Utilities Serviceperson I
Hiring range - $36,326 - $38,142 (Hourly $17.46 up to $18.34)
Utilities Serviceperson II
Hiring range $38,165 - $40,073 (Hourly $18.34 up to $19.27)
Salary range - Serviceperson $32,910 - $44,525 Serviceperson I $34,576 - $46,779 Serviceperson II $36,326 - $49,147 Salary is dependent on qualifications and certifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement - The City of Tomball does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, National Origin, Sex, Religion, Age or Disability in employment or the provision of services.