Storm Damage Evaluator - Part Time Position
Think Power Solutions is seeking retired electrical lineman in and around Dallas/Fort Worth to join our growing Storm Response organization. As a member of our team, you will play a key role in restoring electric service to communities and businesses following storm related outages. This is a W2 position with competitive pay and expense reimbursement within two weeks. Your participation in any response is voluntarily and you will be paid for your time and mileage door to door.
Storm Damage Evaluators (DEs) are expected to safely perform tasks related to post-storm patrol and assessment of overhead distribution. DEs identify and assess damaged distribution infrastructure and provide detailed updates via mobile applications on mobile devices. DEs may be required to work extended hours in inclement weather. DEs will be trained on applicable safety protocol for the host utility and Think Power Solutions.
- Electric lineman or equivalent electric utility experience
- Ability to communicate and work with remote teams
- Physically able to work extended hours under adverse conditions
- Proficient with mobile technology and Microsoft Office
- Valid driver's license
- Smart phone with data plan
- Ability to pay incurred travel and meal expenses
- Four-wheel drive truck or SUV
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Previous storm assessment experience
- $45-$50/hour door to door
- Mileage paid at IRS standard rate + 3 cents for 4x4 trucks or SUVs, and IRS standard rate for 2-wheel drive vehicles or sedans
- $50/month data stipend for months in which any time is billed
- Lodging and per diem as appropriate
Opportunity for Partnering:
Our Storm Response organization is also in need of Drivers. Drivers are paired with DEs and the two operate as a team. Drivers need clean driving records, but technical backgrounds are NOT required. We are open to recommendations for Drivers who would serve as good partners to our DEs.
About Think Power Solutions:
Think Power Solutions (www.thinkpowersolutions.com) is a technology-driven field services and consulting company. We provide practical solutions to challenging issues in the Power, Energy, and Critical Infrastructure industries. Think Power Solutions was founded with the vision of providing exceptional client service influenced by modern technology that positively impact the utility and energy industries. Think Power Solutions is certified as a great place to work (www.thinkpowersolutions.com/thinkpower-great-places-to-work.html).