- FL, USA
The Construction Lead will assist in one or more programs that provide temporary housing and temporary or permanent repairs to damaged homes in the recovery from Hurricane Ian. This position represents an exceptional opportunity to join an expert team to facilitate change and help make a lasting difference.
The construction lead will be responsible for oversight of a team of volunteer organizations and contractors performing repairs on residential properties. Will train and manage the team and provide technical assistance in navigating construction phases, including permitting, materials and inventory management, scope of work completion and requests for change orders.
· Manage a team of Construction Monitors and take responsibility for their scope and quality of work.
· Facilitate the progress meetings with the Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOADs) and Contractors.
· Review scope(s) of work for active construction projects.
· Analyze program performance and staff management data.
· Visit active construction projects to document progress.
· Troubleshoot potential issues / questions during construction.
· Review and implement construction change orders.
· Communicate progress and any issues to technical leads, including troubleshooting system access and data integrity in the system of record.
· Collect, review, and analyze data, and prepare reports .
· Write formal staff reports that are clear, concise, and easily understood.
· Present program/project ideas and coordinate with management and staff.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Diligence, thoroughness, and excellent attention to detail
· Valid drivers' license with reliable transportation
· Able to pass a background check
· Ability to create reports, schedules be proficient in MS Office suite
· Strong communication skills to successfully collaborate with program staff, homeowners, and other contractors
· Ability to provide training and guidance to Inspectors
Required Education and Experience
· Associate or Bachelor's degree in business administration, construction management, production/supply chain management, hospitality, economics, information systems or other relevant field; OR,
· At least 5+ years of relevant experience in project management, inspections management, construction management, application processing, grant-funded government programs, case management, or other relevant field
Desired Education and Experience
· Knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and trade practices
· OSHA training certification
Job Location: Southwest Florida or Orlando Area. Some travel required throughout impacted area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Workforce Group (WFG) is a Great Place to Work®-Certified company. We are a team of dedicated professionals that pull together to meet the needs of communities partnering with federal, state, and local governments.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.