- Stuarts Draft, VA, USA
- 18-20 per hour
- Full Time
Anthem Medical, Dental, Vision, Principal 401(k), Lincoln Life & Disability Insurance, EAP, etc.
The Plant Company (TPC) is a newly established business currently operating in its Phase 1 production facility. Phase 1 encompasses a 5 acre greenhouse facility along with a 1.5 acre production barn. This is a state of the art, controlled environment greenhouse for the sustainable production of tropical indoor foliage plants of consistent and exceptional quality.
We believe that " together we grow stronger", which applies to employees, vendors and of course customers. The four core values that identify this company are:
- Caring About People, Plants, and Process
- Growth Oriented
- Customer First
- "Can Do" Attitude
The Inventory Specialist will perform inventory control activities. You will maintain accurate records of incoming and outgoing products and supplies. Through digital and manual counting you will identify discrepancies with inventory reports and provide report to the Director of Growing for review.
Hours, Pay, & Benefits
- Full-time, non-exempt hourly position, 40+ hours a week, regular schedule Monday through Friday with rotating weekend shifts
- Flexible working hours will vary throughout the growing season. The hours are generally Monday through Friday. However, employees in this position must be available to work some weekend days* and holidays. Overtime is mandatory as needed (Agriculture exemption applies).
- Starting wage range: $18 - $20/hour depending on experience
- Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance; short-term and long-term insurance, life insurance, six paid holidays; paid time off (PTO) after introductory period
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate growth and readiness of plants
- Greenhouse inventory counts
- Post move
- Post spacing
- Post planting - liners and finish
- Hard good counts monthly
- Responsible for maintaining weekly chemical inventory and reporting results to Director of Growing
- Receives and notifies appropriate department of hard goods arrival
- Prepare live good availability listing for sales weekly
- Enter accurate and timely availability listing into the computer
- Maintains consistent stock of inventory, ordering new stock up to pre-authorized limit as inventory dwindles.
- Establishes and maintains backup source for high-demand items.
- Assesses inventory reports and order patterns to identify items in need of automatic, recurring delivery.
- Provides inventory reports to purchasing and greenhouse teams as requested.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with vendors.
- Maintains accurate daily records of goods received and shipments made.
- Manages and maintains inventory system; facilitates upgrades to related database and/or software under the direction of the purchasing or inventory control manager.
- Conducts frequent spot and partial audits of physical inventory.
- Assists with periodic (at least annual) physical inventory audits.
- Operates forklift truck when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Self-starter with ability to problem solve and good decision-making skills
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to do repetitive tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and high-quality standards
- Positive attitude and teamwork approach to get tasks done
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills with production, shipping, purchasing department, and outside vendors.
- Basic understanding of inventory control procedures.
- Proficient keyboarding skills.
- Extremely organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with outside vendors.
- A flexible work schedule to include some weekends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in Greenhouse, Horticulture, Botany, or related field preferred.
- Two (2) years of relevant greenhouse growing experience
- Experience with computerized inventory systems required.
- Forklift operator certification preferred.
- Use of computer software including:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Bending, stooping, and squatting involved in the scope of role.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual dexterity as needed to operate a variety of machinery and equipment.
- Must be able to navigate warehouse and reach items both high and low.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions, including humidity, various outdoor temperatures, and tolerate exposure to typical noises and smells associated with the greenhouse.
The Plant Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Plant Company is to extend employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!