- Stuarts Draft, VA, USA
- 65000-75000 per year
- Full Time
Anthem Medical, Dental, Vision, Principal 401(k), Lincoln Life & Disability Insurance, EAP, etc.
The Plant Company (TPC) is a newly established business currently operating in its Phase 1 production facility. Phase 1 encompasses a 5 acre greenhouse facility along with a 1.5 acre production barn. This is a state of the art, controlled environment greenhouse for the sustainable production of tropical indoor foliage plants of consistent and exceptional quality.
We believe that "together we grow stronger", which applies to employees, vendors and of course customers. The four core values that identify this company are:
- Caring About People, Plants, and Process
- Growth Oriented
- Customer First
- "Can Do" Attitude
In this position, the manager will oversee and develop the customer service team. This is a working manager role where you will build and develop employees while working closely with them to train.
This position will also be working closely with the Director of Sales. This is a collaborative company in which we all work together to achieve our goals. There will be times when you may be asked to lend a hand outside of your main responsibilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the work of customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Resolve customer complaints or answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Review records or reports pertaining to activities such as production, payroll, or shipping to verify details, monitor work activities, or evaluate performance.
- Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
- Prepare and issue work schedules, deadlines, and duty assignments for customer service staff.
- Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies to staff.
- Train or instruct employees in job duties or company policies or arrange for training to be provided.
- Research, compile, and prepare reports, manuals, correspondence, or other information required by management.
- Monitor Territory Sales Management team for areas of efficiencies.
- Implement departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
- Coordinate activities with other supervisory personnel or with other work units or departments.
- Participate in the work of subordinates to facilitate productivity or to overcome difficult aspects of work.
- Recruit, interview, and select employees, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people as they work.
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Office management skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience in analytics
- Strong sales skills (horticulture background not required)
- Strong phone contact handling and active listening skills
- Customer focus and ability to adapt/respond to various personalities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Desire to work and thrive in a fast-pace, ever-changing environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- 8 - 10 years of relevant job experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Use of computer software including:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Teams
- Customer relationship management (CRM) or enterprise resource planning (ERP) software
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Bending, stooping, and squatting involved in the scope of role.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions, including humidity, various outdoor temperatures, and tolerate exposure to typical noises and smells associated with the greenhouse.
The Plant Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Plant Company is to extend employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!