- 11-Jan-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Tallahassee, FL, USA
- Full Time
The McConnell Group, www.themccgroup.com, a Health Science company, is sourcing candidates that will use medical technology to perform clinical lab testing. The Clinical Laboratory Technician under the direct supervision of a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor and taking into consideration the developmental needs of the patient performs routine patient activities and delegated patient care procedures of a specialized and technical nature which includes observing and monitoring patient condition, identifying changes in collecting patient data and notifying nurse, setting-up and maintaining specialized clinical equipment, knowledge of aseptic technique, collecting blood specimens and performing related delegated nursing procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Successful completion of Patient Care Technician (PCT) course at one of our partnered Community Colleges required
- One year of clinical experience preferred;
- Minimum 60 semester hours from a regionally accredited college, including chemistry, biology, and medical laboratory techniques, or an Associate degree in chemistry, biology or related science. Completion of clinical rotations in the areas of microbiology, urinalysis, chemistry and hematology; or Fifty week military Medical Laboratory Procedures course and meet qualifications for military enlisted occupational specialty of "Medical Laboratory Specialist";
- Registered Medical Technologists (M.T.) or Medical Laboratory Technicians (M.L.T.) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or other recognized certification agency of medical laboratory professionals preferred;
- Registry-eligible technologists are encouraged to apply.
Candidate MUST pass a government background investigation and drug/alcohol screening. As required by law, TMG participates in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA), to verify the identity and employment eligibility of persons hired to work in the United States.
TMG offers competitive pay and benefits packages including health insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and Paid Time Off (PTO); Education Assistance Plan (EAP); and 401(k)
The McConnell Group is an equal opportunity employer EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet