- 08-Jan-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Tallahassee, FL, USA
- Full Time
The McConnell Group, www.themccgroup.com, a Health Science company, is sourcing candidates that will use medical technology to perform clinical lab testing. Under the direction of the laboratory manager and designated supervisory staff, the medical technologist provides routine and specialized laboratory testing in a timely manner for patient care. Performs duties independently with minimum supervision. May serve as charge technologist for assigned sections of the laboratory. Requires Medical Technologist (ASCP) or equivalent certification.
1. Performs routine and specialized laboratory testing in their assigned specialty area following all standard operating procedures.
2. Correlates laboratory findings with disease states; integrates and relates data from other laboratory specialty areas; confirms abnormal results and resolves specimen and testing discrepancies. Institutes appropriate follow-up measures for unusual test results.
3. Calibrates instruments; performs and documents preventative and corrective maintenance on instruments and equipment
4. Troubleshoots most routine technical and analytical problems including specimen collection problems within minimal supervision.
5. Monitors and reviews quality control data and quality assurance information to determine the reliability and acceptability of patient results. Assists in the documentation of quality occurrences. Initiates corrective actions for quality control and other quality and/or service problems.
6. Performs duties and documents information in compliance with a variety of regulatory and accreditation standards. Performs testing on proficiency testing samples as required.
7. Assures tests are completed in a timely manner per turnaround time expectations of the Department and that all pending test reports are reconciled in a timely manner.
8. Provides orientation and training to new employees in the assigned laboratory sections. Attends continuing education sessions as required.
9. Assists in reviewing standard operating procedures as requested.
10. Maintains a neat and organized bench area replenishing supplies as needed.
11. May serve as charge technologist on assigned shifts; in this capacity, troubleshoots laboratory operations problems and initiates corrective actions.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Current certification in good standing as a Medical Technologies (MT) or equivalent certification. ASCP registry-eligible candidates may qualify with the required education and experience and must obtain certification within one year of hire.
Candidate MUST pass a government background investigation and drug/alcohol screening. As required by law, TMG participates in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA), to verify the identity and employment eligibility of persons hired to work in the United States.
TMG offers competitive pay and benefits packages including health insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and Paid Time Off (PTO); Education Assistance Plan (EAP); and 401(k)
The McConnell Group is an equal opportunity employer EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet