- 08-Mar-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Full Time
The McConnell Group, www.themccgroup.com, a health science company, has an opening for a full-time Cage Wash Attendant to support our contract at the University of Virginia. The incumbent will serve as a contract employee working for The McConnell Group, Inc., a leading provider of research support services.
- Clean and sanitize and or sterilize all animal caging and accessory equipment.
- Dispose of waste from the facility following appropriate SOP's.
- Operation of commercial machinery including, but not limited to tunnel washer, rack washer, autoclaves and sterilizers.
- Maintain and perform routine repairs on caging, racks, and equipment.
- Perform routine cleaning and preventative maintenance on the cage washers and other equipment used.
- Process clean caging and accessory equipment appropriately.
- Understand and follow all approved SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures), safety procedures and Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Assist in sanitation and decontamination in all areas of the facility.
- Stock supplies.
- Prepare and submit required cage wash records, charts, logs, and inventories as requested.
- Maintain clean and organized work and personal areas.
- Report any abnormal conditions of the animal facility or immediate vicinity to supervisory staff.
- Support the Germ Free/Gnotobiotic program in preparation of supplies and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
*****There is potential for additional training in animal care and husbandry operations. Duties may include:
- Provide routine animal husbandry, including cage changes, comprehensive, detailed observations, handling, and restraint of all laboratory animal species in support of the animal research program.
- Complete various types of documentation to include room logs and animal health records.
- Monitor environmental conditions and animal health.
- Maintain a clean, safe environment for the research animals.
- High school diploma or equivalent at time of hire.
- Be able to lift, push and pull 50 lbs.
- Have the physical stamina to be on feet all day and operate in a noisy, hot, humid cage wash environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
Candidate MUST pass a government background investigation (NAC), employment physical and drug/alcohol screening. As required by law, TMG participates in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA), to verify the identity and employment eligibility of persons hired to work in the United States
TMG offers comp. pay and benefits pkg. including health insurance; paid holidays, PTO; EAP; Education Assistance, 401(k) and College Savings Plan.
The McConnell Group is an equal opportunity employer EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet