- Columbia, MD, USA
- Full Time/Part Time
We offer a competitive benefits package for all eligible employees.
The HR Department you always wanted to work for.
Please note: We seek either 1 full-time or 2 part-time Human Resources Manager(s) for immediate hire.
At The HR Team, we provide HR support for the day to day onsite and offsite strategic and tactical HR needs of our clients. We are not consulting, we are their HR. Since 1996, we have worked with over 800 small-to-medium sized for-profit and not-for-profit organizations throughout the Washington/Baltimore corridor.
When our founder created The HR Team, she set out to create an amazing HR department, one she always wanted to work for, a place where:
- Work life balance isn't just a saying, it's reality.
- HR is valued for their contributions and always has a seat at the table.
- Professional development is a core value that we pay for.
- We provide the research tools and technology to do your job.
- You have a variety of work while having the stability of a regular paycheck.
- You can be an HR department of 1 and 11.
WHAT MAKES THE HR TEAM "AMAZING"?
- Flexibility and autonomy. We know that work isn't your only commitment in life and we're ok with that. Our consultants who are always W-2 employees are trusted to serve their clients in the best way they know how.
- No "Groundhog Day" syndrome. At The HR Team you'll be exposed to numerous industries, corporate cultures and facets of HR. We thrive on variety because it helps us stay well rounded.
- Top-of-line technology and resources. All great HR professionals love their "toys" and the consultants at The HR Team are no different. We've invested in amazing technology and resources that enable us to work anywhere, communicate with each other, and research issues for our clients.
HOW CAN YOU BE "AMAZING" TOO?
First things first: you have to meet our minimum requirements. We are seeking experienced Human Resource Manager professionals who possess a BA/BS degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience that includes work within a privately held small business or nonprofit. You should have experience working in dynamic, fast-growing and/or changing organizations. You must possess knowledge of human resource disciplines including benefits & compensation, talent management, business leadership & strategy, employee relations and compliance. A Master's Degree and PHR/SPHR certification are preferred. While many clients are remote, you must be available to travel 1-3 days a week to our clients offices in the DC/Baltimore region.
Also, here's a list of "must haves" for Human Resource professionals who would like to join our team:
- Client obsessed. To be successful, you must have a sincere desire to help your client succeed. You have to be fascinated and intrigued by your client's businesses and understand the impact that the "people" side of the business has on their mission and bottom line.
- Master juggler. To be "amazing" at The HR Team, you must be adaptable, flexible, a real hands-on "doer" who is used to rolling up their sleeves and making things happen and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. We've all had to become experts at time management, organization and juggling multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Great listener. You will be expected to know what questions to ask when and be able to hear what the client needs, whether or not they are actually saying it out loud.
- Analytical. Whether that means using Excel to crunch numbers, or developing a list of pros and cons, you need to have an analytical mind.
- Intellectually curious. We're always looking for better, more efficient ways to help our clients. We don't accept "because we've always done it this way" without first asking, why?
- "HR Nerd." To work at The HR Team, you must be passionate about HR and continue to stay informed on trends, technology, best practices and changes in the industry through reading, networking and professional development.
- Accountable. With great flexibility comes great responsibility. You need to be self-motivated and dependable and be able to honor commitments and deadlines.
- Adaptable. You have to be flexible to client needs and you must be savvy enough to know when to stay the course or change your approach.
- Technologically savvy. You need to be able to embrace and navigate many different types of technology (really proficient in Microsoft Word & Outlook, multiple hands on experience with different payroll systems, able to quickly catch on to all of the different benefit platforms we come in contact with: (DC Health Link, CareFirst, Benefit Mall, Employee Navigator, etc.).
HOW CAN YOU APPLY?
If you meet our minimum requirements, please apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter. We will only consider applicants that include these requirements. Must live within the DC/Baltimore metro areas.
Compensation - $80,000 to $95,000 annually based on experience.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated prior to in-person interview.
Please note: Due to the volume of applicants that we receive, emails and phone calls regarding this job posting are not accepted and doing so may disqualify you from consideration. All applicants must comply with the above instructions in order to be considered. Thank you.
The HR Team is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to hairstyle, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please visit us at thehrteam.com to learn more about us.