- Washington, DC, USA
- $90,000 to $115,000 annually
- Full Time
ASID is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision plan, generous annual leave & holidays, a 401(k) plan with company contribution, plus more.
We are looking for our next great Director of Education!
Director of Education to lead and contribute to the development, implementation, and delivery of ASID's educational assets, services and strategy. The learning deliverables you lead will take many forms and will showcase member expertise, facilitate networking, exhibit innovation, encourage contribution and offer the profession and industry high-value and cutting-edge learning experiences. Learning opportunities range from online certifications, conferences and think tanks to modalities our members have yet to experience and we have yet to create. You bring a modern learning approach and expertise with a well-developed toolbox to create and pursue formal, informal and peer-led learning and development, preparing our communities for what's now and what's next.
Essential Job Functions: The Director will be responsible for the successful development and delivery of all education programming. Day-to-day work will include matrixed collaboration with staff at all levels, as well as collaboration with and support of the Society's leadership team, national and chapter volunteer leaders and partnership organizations to deliver multi-modal formal, informal and community driven learning opportunities.
- Work across departments in the development and contribution to a content drip roadmap, including industry partner content, Society benefits and resources, awards programs, conferences, research and target initiatives.
- Oversee the development and execution of new and existing in-person, virtual and hybrid courses and assets; evaluate and recommend updates or sunsetting existing courses and programs.
- Proactively engage in external research, and knowledge sharing to stay current on on-demand, digital learning and development and learning curation trends and best practices.
- Work with chapter leaders to add value to and asses needs of chapter leaders and members.
- Oversee and contribute to the development of full day to multi-day programs in the form of conferences, workshops, summits, forums, panels, town halls, roundtables, etc.
Education and Experience: The ideal candidate will have the business acumen, resourcefulness and curiosity to develop and launch programs in unchartered territory, as well as experience developing and executing learning curriculum and educational programs plus:
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Training & Development, Adult Learning, Project Management, or equivalent practical experience. Advanced training or education would be favorable.
- 6 or more years' experience with progressively increasing responsibilities in program development, content and instructional design, program coordination and program management.
- Deep expertise in virtual, in-person and multi-modal training methodologies, adult learning and curriculum development models, theory and practice.
- Strong familiarity and experience with online and on-demand courses, educational providers, and the experience of using these services. Knowledge of digital learning tools and the ability to select teaching methods appropriate for industry and audience.
- Direct, recent experience with certification development, curriculum design, learning standards and knowledge and skills mapping.
- Association management experience with a focus on adult education and programming, including a thorough knowledge of association management and content management systems.
- Strong supervisory/management skills.
- Highly accountable and inquisitive.
- Excellent project management/organizational skills.
- Team oriented and success driven.
Organizational Norms/Core Values
- Respect - Works collaboratively to develop positive relationships and treats staff, volunteers, and stakeholders in a manner that promotes fairness, inclusivity, teamwork, and the accomplishment of ASID's strategic goals.
- Customer Service Focus - Proactive, professional, and responsive to meeting the service expectations of all customers; both internal and external to ASID.
- Teamwork - Leverages knowledge across the organization and diversity to enhance the work of ASID and works collaboratively to develop positive relationships with staff, volunteers, members, and other stakeholders to achieve the shared ACNM goals.
- Transparency - Engages in openness, communication and accountability of ASID business processes and decisions.
- Accountability -Displays honesty and truthfulness, confronts problems quickly, and displays strong commitment to the success of the ASID including a willingness to accept full responsibility in meeting ASID's core values and work performance expectations.
The salary range for this role is $90,000 to $115,000 annually.
To Apply: To indicate your interest in this position, submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
ASID is an Equal Opportunity Employer