- Boston, MA, USA
- 65000.00-68000.00 per year
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Life, STD, LTD, Retirement
SUMMARY OF TCN HERE:
The Clubhouse Network, headquartered in Nubian Square, Roxbury, is a global community of more than 136 Clubhouse locations in 20 countries. Founded 29 years ago in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab, The Clubhouse Network supports community-based Clubhouses around the world by providing start-up support, professional development, new technology innovations, evaluation and assessment, partnership opportunities, and access to an online community for youth, mentors, and staff. The Clubhouse Network also operates the Flagship Clubhouse in Nubian Square, Roxbury, a creative out-of-school learning environment where teens work with adult mentors to explore their own ideas, develop skills, and build confidence in themselves through the use of technology. A free drop-in program, the Flagship Clubhouse engages youth in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Math) activities in ways that are relevant and meaningful to them. It also serves as a model and "Flagship" site for the international Clubhouse community.
THIS IS A HYBRID ROLE - 2-3 DAYS IN OFFICE REQUIRED
The Clubhouse Community Manager will support up to 45 community-based Clubhouses in 3 regions as geographic liaison, ensuring each site has the support it needs to meet quality standards of the Clubhouse learning model, and providing guidance as needed. They will foster collaboration among Clubhouses in designated geographic regions in order to facilitate the sharing of best practices, community-building, and a sustained mutual commitment to Clubhouse design principles. They will also provide support to new Clubhouses to ensure a strong start-up process and successful launch.
In addition, the Community Manager will help support the network's integration of innovation programs and Network services. They will report to the A.D. of Operations to ensure operational excellence within the assigned portfolio of program sites. Community Manager will work collaboratively with all content team leaders to ensure operational best practices are integrated seamlessly into programming site. Each Community Manager serves as ambassador amplifying TCN standards for Mentoring, Innovation, College to Career, Evaluation, Youth and Advocacy to Clubhouses and BBTTCs. Essential Functions of the Community Manager: (The following is a list of essential functions, which may be subject to change at any time and without advance notice. Management may assign new duties, reassign existing duties, or eliminate a role. Responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following.)
- 50% Support approximately 40-45 community-based Clubhouses, ensuring each site has the support it needs to meet quality standards of the Clubhouse learning model, providing guidance through transitions at times of organizational change, and assisting each Clubhouse in meeting its full potential.
- 10 % Services as a thought-partner to content leaders and program coordinators
- 10% Project management duties connected to maintaining relationships, sharing resources, informing program sites of new program innovations, member and staff development trainings.
- 15% Maintaining relationships with program staff in-person or virtually to provide timely and consistent support to Clubhouses and BBTTC
- 5% Ensure Clubhouse application documents remain updated and play an active role in reviewing new Clubhouse applications when they are received.
- 5% Participate in The Clubhouse Network, attending Network meetings, sharing ideas and issues, and supporting collaborative projects across Clubhouses.
- 5% Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Interpersonal skills, including ability to get along with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities and work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of creative software applications and tools (e.g., Adobe CS, Maya, Scratch...) and web programming a plus.
- Knowledge of nonprofit management basics including community engagement, event planning, fundraising, fiscal management, or integrated programming design standards.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Attention to detail; outstanding organizational skills
- Interest in Process and Project Management
- Understanding of Youth Development, OST, Arts integration, STEM, and/or education
- Bilingual speaker highly desired (English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Mandarin, Arabic)
- Individual contributor, self starter, highly motivated.
- In-depth understanding of informal learning and experience integrating technology as a creative and empowering tool.
- Experience with development and management of on-line communities, including localization of resources, materials, and on-line communities.
- Proven ability to influence and lead through collaboration and to get along with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Project management experience managing multiple project components with overlapping deadlines and requirements.
- Experience developing and delivering training materials and workshops.
- Knowledge of traditions and community standards and practices across multiple cultures.