- Boston, MA, USA
- 58000.00-62000.00 per year
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life, retirement , savings plan and professional development
Interested in youth, creative self-expression, and global community?
About The Clubhouse Network:
The Clubhouse Network, headquartered in Dudley Square, Roxbury, is a global community of more than 100 Clubhouse locations in 20 countries. Founded 26 years ago in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab, The Clubhouse Network supports community-based Clubhouses around the world by providing start-up support, professional development, new technology innovations, evaluation and assessment, partnership opportunities, and access to an online community for youth, mentors, and staff. The Clubhouse Network also operates the "Flagship" Clubhouse, a creative out-of-school learning environment where teens work with adult mentors to explore their own ideas, develop skills, and build confidence in themselves through the use of technology.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Engagement and Inclusion, The Clubhouse Network Event Specialist will be responsible for supporting the planning and implementation of the Clubhouse Network's Annual Conference event, interacting with external vendors, arranging registration, and ensuring that all the logistics are in place to ensure a smoothly run program. They will also organize the logistics for a week-long Clubhouse orientation program (3-4/year) for all new staff from around the world, Additionally, on a biannual basis, they will assist with the design, planning and execution of the Clubhouse Network's signature youth leadership experience: a Teen Summit for 300+ youth and chaperones, managing content, collaborations and vendor relations. They will support the execution of other events on behalf of The Clubhouse Network.
- Support the planning and implementation of the Clubhouse Network's Annual Conference event (a global gathering of Clubhouse staff that is held in a different city each year), interacting with external vendors, arranging registration and ensuring that all the logistics are in place to ensure a smoothly run program.
- Organize the logistics for the Clubhouse Orientation program (3-4/year), arranging meals, registration materials, and ensuring all logistics are in place to ensure a smoothly run program.
Support the design and planning of an in-person, youth leadership experience: a biannual Teen Summit for 300+ youth and chaperones.
- Plan and support Clubhouse events, as appropriate.
- Perform other work-related duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3- 5 years of event management experience managing multiple project components with overlapping deadlines.
- 2-3 years of experience with community-based organizations, in particular non-profit educational programs reaching youth from under-served communities.
- Evidence of commitment to Clubhouse mission, including youth leadership, youth development, social justice action, and racial equity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to influence and lead through collaboration.
- Ability to get along with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities; excellent team-building and communication skills.
- Knowledge of traditions and community standards and practices across multiple cultures.
- Attention to detail; outstanding organizational skills.
The Clubhouse Network is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume.