Hotel maintenance technicians are responsible for managing the maintenance, replacement or repairs of hotel equipment, in particular to mechanical equipment like motors and pumps.
They will be in charge of building maintenance activities involving repair and up keep of ice machines, fitness rooms, guest rooms, laundry equipment, swimming pools, emergency generators, switch rooms, kitchen equipment, exhaust type units, driveways, sidewalks and parking lots, and ensures that each activity is reported to the appropriate manager in authority.
The maintenance technician will also be required to perform annual, quarterly, and monthly preventative maintenance activities.
- Give responses to all visitors in an effective and prompt manner.
- Give responses to duties involving the groundskeeper.
- Keep all mechanical areas in a neat and orderly condition.
- Carry out daily inspections on public areas to prevent unexpected maintenance.
- Offer maintenance and repairs to all aspects of the resort.
- Carry out consistent preventive maintenance programs on rooms and regularly updates records on files.
- Guarantee that projects are all promptly accomplished and in line with appropriate specifications.
- Work together with other departments, and connect with managers to discuss any aspect of operations which will involve the maintenance department.
- Carry out assessment of requirements for completion of reports, or work orders to the management as stated by standard procedures.
- Engage in flexible work schedules to be able to perform well during emergencies.
- Assist in remodeling and construction of new projects as may be required.