- Starting hourly pay between $17.50-$25.00 depending on experience!
- Hiring 1st shift
The Arms Trucking Co. is looking to hire a full-time laborer! Do you like working within set weekly schedules of work time from week-to-week? Whether you have experience or not, if you are interested in a career opportunity and company that will treat you like family and want you to succeed, please read on!
We offer excellent benefits, including medical, life, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan with company match, a bank of paid time off, paid holidays, wellness programs, weekly pay, and more! Also, earned PTO is paid out to you if you don't use it! Don't have a lot of experience? NO PROBLEM! If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today! We also offer a $2,500 referral bonus if you successfully refer a friend!
ABOUT THE ARMS TRUCKING CO.
Located in East Claridon, Ohio, The Arms Trucking Co. was founded in 1953 and now operates approximately 100 trucks! While we are expanding our business ventures, we haven't lost our charismatic small-business atmosphere. We have a teamwork-oriented approach which makes our company a great place to work. As a business, we recognize that our people are the cornerstone of our success. We want you to be proud of our company and the quality of your work, and to be fairly compensated for it. To provide great service at competitive prices, we need great people!
We have an employee appreciation week every year where we hold different event and activities that show how much their hard work is appreciated. You don't find a great work culture like ours every day. We have a welcoming family vibe that embraces positive, hardworking, and friendly people who enjoy being part of a cohesive team. We really care about our employees and that is reflected in the generous pay and excellent benefits that we offer. We want you to succeed and feel valued.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operates equipment in a safe manner in compliance with MSHA regulations and company policies.
- Performs efficient safe operation of any necessary equipment.
- Safely moves dirt, rocks or material in a manner which does not endanger personnel or equipment.
- Conducts inspections on equipment and complete necessary forms.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment, (ie. lubricating, fueling and cleaning equipment).
- Operates various equipment for general site preparation, landscaping, snow removal, and/or related assignments.
- Continuously monitors the equipment to ensure proper operation and minimal down time.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Proficiently completes all operating and labor tasks assigned.
- Cleans waste from equipment body and wheels throughout the day.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Specifications:
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including sitting, standing, reaching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing). Also, ability to withstand "bumpy" ride on equipment.
- Must be able to complete training on equipment as necessary.
- Must be dependable, a self-starter, and able to identify and perform daily operational requirements.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work in conditions with exposure to weather elements.
- Good verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with others.
- Must pass a written and operational test to be certified to operate equipment.
- High degree of safety awareness
- Ability to take direction
Education and Qualifications:
- High School diploma
- Valid Ohio Driver's License and good driving record
- Must be 18 years of age
- Paid time off
- Affordable Health/Dental/Vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with employer match
- 6 paid holidays each year