We have a new position available that offers a great opportunity for a person seeking an entry level accounting position, with room for growth. As the General Accountant, you will be an integral part of our accounting team, performing a wide range of activities focused on A/R, A/P, and other general administrative support functions. You will need to be highly adaptable to work with a variety of companies that fall under the Arms Group umbrella. This position will provide crucial backup and support for multiple accounting team members as needed.
We are looking for someone local who understands the appeal of Geauga County. The Arms Group is very active in the community, and we envision someone who is also passionate about enriching Geauga County.
Your work schedule will be 100% in office, Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm with an hour lunch break at noon. We offer time and a half overtime, as needed.
Our benefits include paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401k, and supplemental insurance.
Compensation: TBD upon review of qualifications.
Located in East Claridon, Ohio, The Arms Trucking Co. was founded in 1953 and now operates approximately 100 trucks. Our office staff consists of nearly 20 hardworking individuals who contribute to a tight-knit, fast-paced, and welcoming work environment. While we are expanding our business ventures, we haven't lost our charismatic small-business atmosphere.
General Accountant Possible Job Responsibilities:
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information in multiple ERP systems.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents and ensuring accuracy.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing accounting information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls and proper chain of custody.
- Various A/R and A/P functionalities including data entry, posting verification, and maintaining accurate records, and other general accounting responsibilities.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing accounting information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Working within multiple legal entities.
General Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
- A strong grasp of accounting principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of ERP accounting modules and navigation.
- Microsoft Office applications with a strong Excel skillset.
- Extreme accuracy in data entry.
- Work in a face-paced environment and ability to adapt quickly and effectively.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
- Reporting and interpretation skills.
- Being able to ask for help.
- Time management skills.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent (Required).
Associates degree in Accounting or Business Administration (Required).
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration (Preferred).
1-2 years of experience in Accounting/Bookkeeping (Preferred).
Experience in Quickbooks, Karmak and Navision ERP systems (Preferred).