The Arc Oneida-Lewis Chapter is seeking to open our Chef's Express Bakery in downtown Utica, NY. We are seeking an experienced Bakery Cafe Manager to join our team! As a manager you will be responsible for overseeing the entire business operation of the facility. The manager will need to be hands on and involved in every aspect to make the customer happy.
- Ensure that fresh made cupcakes, bakery items, and specialty food items will be made daily and available to customers when the business is open and also by special order.
- Ensure all the training and development in the facility is completed according to food quality standards and everyone learns all aspects of the business operation.
- Responsible for the complete bakery and café menu with a commitment to providing the highest quality baked goods and specialty menu options made daily.
- Be creative and innovative by staying current with industry trends and evolving with customer tastes and needs by introducing new foods, recipes, ideas, and customization.
- Manage all food costs and inventory for all food ingredients ensuring recipes can be followed and made to specification for all bakery goods and menu items.
- Effectively train, motivate and lead the bakery and café team on a daily basis. Work with support departments to ensure everyone learns the necessary baking and culinary skills to provide quality baked goods and café menu items in a timely manner. Monitor individual performance and provide feedback as necessary.
- Plan and maintain weekly schedule to ensure coverage for the needs of the business.
- Develop and manage all merchandising plans for retail space including items sold, product displays, and pricing
- High School Diploma/ GED with one to three year's of experience in either a bakery, food service, or restaurant operations role.
- Familiarity with NYS Department of Health regulations.
- Valid NYS Drivers license and must have a working vehicle and agree to transport individuals, as needed to work-sites.
The Arc Oneida-Lewis chapter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.