- Utica, NY, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental & Vision. 401K. PTO
The Arc Oneida-Lewis Chapter is searching for a Community Facilitator to join our Day Services Team! In this role you will be responsible for Assisting in the implementation of the person's LIFEPlan/Day Habilitation Plan by planning, providing and documenting community integration experiences utilizing as many community based resources and supports as appropriate to the plan; assists in providing direct care, training and supervision to the extent required.
- In collaboration with other Day Habilitation staff, is responsible for planning, scheduling and implementing all community integration, based on input from the persons we support and other staff, develop schedules for outings and volunteer sites.
- Ensures the completion and maintenance of all integration documentation.
- Is responsible for ensuring supervision of assigned persons at all times.
- Provide transportation for outings within the community, following established policies and procedures regarding the use of agency vehicles.
- Provide the extent of assistance necessary with activities of daily living, i.e. toileting, eating, ambulation and lifting as necessary.
- Associate's Degree in Human Services or related field with one year of experience in working with persons with developmental disabilities, or in an educational setting, or in a health care facility. (Or)
- High School Diploma/GED with specialized training and three years or year of experience in working with persons with developmental disabilities, or in an educational setting or in a health care facility.
- Valid NYS Driver's License
The Arc Oneida-Lewis chapter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.