- Utica, NY, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental & Vision. 401K. PTO
Our School to Work Department is growing! Come join our team, in this role you will provide services to students with disabilities to improve their outcomes after high school and assist them with a positive transition from high school to adult life. Such services may include but are not limited to: developing plans for work life skills training and experiences based on the students Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and personal goals.
- Complete referrals for students to obtain eligibility for ACCES-VR and/ or OPWDD and attend meetings if necessary regarding the referrals.
- Attend annual CSE meetings and school/student meetings and/or provide beneficial information to assist with such meetings.
- Attend a variety of meetings such as CSE, other parent/teacher meetings, transition fairs and/or, but not limited to open houses, in order to promote and expand referrals for all STW programs for the current & upcoming school years.
- Complete necessary documentation as it pertains to each student and distribute appropriately to their school personnel and family.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in any aspect with co-workers, supervisors, community partners, school districts, and families. Maintain constant communication and team approach with co-workers and supervisors.
- Provide individualized services such as, but not limited to: job assessments, job readiness training, work/life skills training,
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of human services, education, or other related field.
- Associate's Degree in the field of human services, education, or other related field and two years' experience in the field of education or Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities.
- Valid NYS Driver's License
The Arc Oneida-Lewis chapter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.