- Utica, NY, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental & Vision. 401K. PTO
Our Business Enterprises Department is expanding! We are seeking to add a Production Supervisor to our Progress Industries site. In this role you will be responsible for the entire production operation in a specified area providing direction and supervision to Production Staff. The goal is to ensure finished products are completed with the highest quality standard and to the customer or contract specification in a timely manner. You will oversee all raw material into the production area, standard operating procedures including work flow and processing, through delivery of finished goods ready for shipping.
- Conduct and oversee entire production operation in specific area to ensure that finished products are completed on time and to customer or contract specification.
- Assign and communicate production tasks to all Production Staff in production area each day.
- Maintain timely and accurate production documents daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Set up area with raw materials, tools, and equipment necessary for the Production Staff to complete the job to specification.
- Maintain accurate inventory and daily production numbers to request more raw materials and move finished goods to warehouse inventory.
- Ensure productivity and quality standards are achieved each day.
- Assist with production planning, scheduling, and assigning staff for upcoming contracts and jobs.
- Conduct and oversee all preventive maintenance and machine adjustments in production area.
- Provide staff supervision including but not limited to coaching, mentoring, disciplinary, and appraisal.
- Ensure that all good manufacturing practices policies and procedures are performed as required.
- HSD/GED with three years of experience in industry field.
- Ability to pass agencies criminal background check.
- Reliable transportation to and from work site.
The Arc Oneida-Lewis chapter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.